Multiple shooting Victims at Lake Hefner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score

Jimgrs

New to the site!
Reaction score
My wife used to think I was over playing carrying and awareness. She almost got car jacked in a restaurant parking lot with the two kids. When the guy grabbed the door handle and started trying to get the door open she grabbed for her back pocket where she carries her phone. The guy put his hands up and backed away. When I got there she said the guy thought I was grabbing for a gun didn't he? She decided she needed to get her CC. God help the one who forces the issue now. Women are built different and have been programed by our society to think that way. We as men have always had to think about war and protecting our families. Our society has programed us that way. Our culture is slacking up on that now and if they win we will become a culture of victims. When I was in the Texas Highway Patrol I saw what can happen to good people who can't defend themselves and family when the time comes. I'm not knocking women's abilities they are completely capable of all things. I'm just saying don't let anyone tell you being a woman makes you less and get your victim card punched. If you are a man and can't protect your loved ones----well----well-----God willing maybe someone there might be able to protect them for you. It has been my personal experience as leo we got there most of the time to investigate, listen to the crying, and clean up the mess. What's in your wallet????????

PS: The guy/guys who took the suspect out are true heroes---they didn't run like everyone else but stood up and saved no telling how many lives with no regard for their safety or legal repercussions. People like that are what makes America great and free. There are sheep and then there are sheep dogs who take the responsibility for protecting the sheep---they don't all wear uniforms.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got to keep the shooter's family in prayer also, they no doubt are suffering. It's affected many people.

I will wait for more info as far as the BG's family!! Don't know anything about them yet other than this guy is deranged!! Could be the families doing for all we know at this point!!

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a theory:

I watched the press conference a few minutes ago. It was reported that the shooter did not enter the place, but fired into it; and he was wearing hearing and eye protection. Given the location, it is on the shore of the lake and therefor avenues of escape are limited. Perhaps by firing into Louie's he thought the people inside would rush outside, be "trapped" and make easy targets to pick off.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I found the police press conference very interesting just now. He said the shooter was at least 50-75 feet from the restaurant when shot meaning he was fleeing, the two citizens ran to their cars for their weapons first, then returned. And “As for carry concealed licenses, in this situation it doesn’t really matter since the two gentlemen went back to their vehicles to retrieve their firearms.”

I'm not saying the citizens were wrong in the least from my perspective, but from what I remember from my CCW class, if you're able to escape and don't, you're in the wrong and open to legal repercussions. If you are no longer in active danger of life (the shooter is fleeing), you're open to legal repercussions, and if you are carrying weapon without a license, you're open to legal repercussions.

But, the police spokesman said multiple things about they protected lives, no clue where the shooter was going next, acted valiently, etc.... And, he wasn't sure if the DA would press charges but historically, sees no reason it would happen. Painted a hard line for the DA to consider pressing charges if they wanted to- even though from what I understand the citizens are technically very vulnerable legally speaking.

Made me like the police guy quite a bit.

I don't see them getting into any problems, mostly because we're in Oklahoma and hope they don't because from my perspective they did nothing wrong from the details I've heard- but if it happened in some other states I could see them getting into some legal issues.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found the police press conference very interesting just now. He said the shooter was at least 50-75 feet from the restaurant when shot meaning he was fleeing, the two citizens ran to their cars for their weapons first, then returned. And “As for carry concealed licenses, in this situation it doesn’t really matter since the two gentlemen went back to their vehicles to retrieve their firearms.”

I'm not saying the citizens were wrong in the least from my perspective, but from what I remember from my CCW class, if you're able to escape and don't, you're in the wrong and open to legal repercussions. If you are no longer in active danger of life (the shooter is fleeing), you're open to legal repercussions, and if you are carrying weapon without a license, you're open to legal repercussions.

But, the police spokesman said multiple things about they protected lives, no clue where the shooter was going next, acted valiently, etc.... And, he wasn't sure if the DA would press charges but historically, sees no reason it would happen. Painted a hard line for the DA to consider pressing charges if they wanted to- even though from what I understand the citizens are technically very vulnerable legally speaking.

We don't know that the shooter was finished and fleeing the scene, he could very well have been repositioning.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There's no duty to retreat in Oklahoma; quite the opposite, in fact--that's the "stand your ground" law that draws so much flak. I'll refrain from addressing the other bits until I've had a chance to read more details, but I will come back.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty weird.

So the "good guys" weren't carrying but were hauling.. And the "bad guy" had shooting glasses and earplugs.?

Get Paul Harvey on the line, lets hear the rest of the story..

Latest posts

Top Bottom