Murder charges dismissed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys somehow think the tribal court won't charge the kid?
Yes, hopefully they will charge him.
Since I live on the Osage Reservation, I do wonder and have seen some bias when it comes to the level of enforcement.
It seems tribal status may have some influence on prosecution.
It certainly has in the past.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, hopefully they will charge him.
Since I live on the Osage Reservation, I do wonder and have seen some bias when it comes to the level of enforcement.
It seems tribal status may have some influence on prosecution.
It certainly has in the past.

The sentiment I've seen so far in this thread is that he's basically innocent and will walk free until he dies of old age. He still killed 2 people and I can't see how even the most corrupt tribal court would just gaze past that.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sentiment I've seen so far in this thread is that he's basically innocent and will walk free until he dies of old age. He still killed 2 people and I can't see how even the most corrupt tribal court would just gaze past that.
It was a few years back, but the son of a true Osage Princess was being chased by OHP in Osage county,did a bat turn, and rammed the OHP head on.
Son spent one night in jail and walked .
His dad killed two men spending a small time in jail, only to be found beaten into a vegetable in a pasture. Lots of rumors about the agency that did this.
Read the Book, Killers of the Flower Moon.
You might understand more of what I’m talking about.
That book is about what happened back in the day in the 30’s.
My recent knowledge was in the 80’s.
The person ramming the OHP swallowed a 12 ga about 4 years ago after beating his girlfriend to death. The family legacy has ended with his demise.
I have a lot more stories, some personal about that family. When a kid I worked on those huge Osage county ranches as a wannabe cowboy.
Hollywood is currently filming a movie in Pawhuska related to the book Killers of the Flower moon.
Im sure Hollywood will butcher the story so read the book.
It was the start of the FBI.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That about sums it up. When someone commits a crime, what difference does it make what tribe or what race they were? The victims and their families deserve justice.
It's a question of who has jurisdiction. If you commit a crime in the United States, the Iranian government can't prosecute you because they have no jurisdiction. The federal government can't prosecute you for violating state laws, etc. Due to treaties, federal law, state law, etc., the question here is who has jurisdiction to prosecute? Apparently, even though it occurred in the state, the state lacks jurisdiction to prosecute tribal members (probably due to a treaty).

I don't know all the details of this case, so I'm just talking "in general" and making some assumptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom