Muscle Injury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for a suggestions on what specialty doc to visit.

You'll need an upper extremities orthopedic surgeon. Not that you'll necessarily need surgery, but that's the specialty.

Not all ortho docs are created equal. They're like plumbers, viz. some good. Some disastrous. How to separate the two?

Call a few local physical therapists. Ask them who sends train wrecks and who sends miracles. They will know.

Once you get a list of names, go to your primary care physician for a referral for a doc in your network.

And, as a former bodybuilder, I can say: stop lifting until you've fixed the problem. Once I hurt my back doing barbell curls w/100 pounds. It took me to my knees. I couldn't breathe. But I finished my workout. "A good soldier don't feel the pain."

That injury plagued me for 20 years.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Torn bicep? (Been there done that).
Good luck, if you have any questions, you have my number!
No bicep issues, no pain on that side of my arm, just my tricep.

Agree ortho.
Also suspect bicep that’s the classic arm injury from deadlifts.
Do you hook grip?
I don't hook grip, just straight grip and I'm using a shrug bar. I don't think I've got a bicep issue, I can curl with no pain

I think @Droff went to bed.
Damn straight I went to bed, it was late.....😎
Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I need to find an ortho guy.

I'm not a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter and not particularly strong but I need to keep things moving. For lower body, if it isn't deadlifts, it's squats and I really dislike squats.
I've got chicken legs as it is and along with that, the typical old white guy problem, no ass.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No bicep issues, no pain on that side of my arm, just my tricep.

I don't hook grip, just straight grip and I'm using a shrug bar. I don't think I've got a bicep issue, I can curl with no pain

Damn straight I went to bed, it was late.....😎
Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I need to find an ortho guy.

I'm not a bodybuilder, not a powerlifter and not particularly strong but I need to keep things moving. For lower body, if it isn't deadlifts, it's squats and I really dislike squats.
I've got chicken legs as it is and along with that, the typical old white guy problem, no ass.
If you keep working it, it will NOT get better. Thats a fact

Latest posts

Top Bottom