Muscle Injury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a suggestions on what specialty doc to visit.
A couple months ago when I was deadlifting (not heavy) I injured my tricep, basically from my armpit/upper lat to just above my elbow. It was a burning sensation starting to feel like a muscle cramp, along with some pain. Had to call it a day and haven't been able to deadlift anything over 150# since, so I stopped. I can do tricep exercises and pushing exercises (bench, pushups) with no pain and there is no pain day to day. I can do anything I want day to day.

I have no idea what I did wrong in the exercise, deadlifting isn't new. All I can figure is I just lost concentration and then form. I had just finished 2 sets of 12 with 205# and was doing a lighter set of 165# and made it to the third rep. The reason I want to get this looked at is I decided to try farmers walk today with 50#/db and by the end of it my tricep was whining and starting to get painful. It's not healing on its' own.

Not sure who to go see as it's a soft tissue problem, ortho's tend to work more on joints/bone. I don't want to just live with it, I'm more of a believer in 'use it or lose it' so I'd like to keep things moving along as much as I can.
Thanks.

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Torn bicep? (Been there done that). Since it’s soft tissue, you will need an MRI. Go to your primary care physician and he can order the MRI. If it’s a torn bicep, an orthopedic surgeon will be fixing it. Or, go straight to McBride (or a few others in OKC).
Good luck, if you have any questions, you have my number!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tore muscle or very badly strained. Both take time to heal. Go light for few weeks and keep an eye on swelling or blood bruising. I suffered a 4-1/2” tear in my right lat along with 4 ribs broke completely. Ribs healed in a year and took another year and half for the lat muscle. Hope you just severely strained and no tear. MRI will tell you. Your Reg Doc can get that.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Ortho and then go from there. First thing to do after that is quit deadlifting, seriously lol. Unless you're aspirations are to compete in deadlift, I'd give it up. I know too many who injured themselves doing it, including myself.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Physical Therapy is MAGIC Those folks are amazing.

I've been seeing one for the past year, as needed, for a calf muscle. They know what to do.

Best wishes to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom