Musk offers to buy Twitter in cash....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently, it's a done deal. Once he came to the table with hard money, they couldn't turn it down; they have to take care of the shareholders. I might go open a twitter account...already have TS.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the poison pill? It's kind of funny how money makes people change their minds. Especially if they really don't have a solid basis for their decisions, like most libs.

In the end, they probably realized they fawked up. They have a fiduciary liability to act in the best interest in of the shareholders and there are some LARGE names in that schedule. So I'd imagine the sound of lawyers salivating got to them.....

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you are right. The company I work for had a poison pill that helped stop a "hostile" take over years ago. Except the buyer had some remorse and ended the takeover. We recently won a judgement for $410M contractual break up fee.
It's not a good idea to mess around with investor's money!

In the end, they probably realized they fawked up. They have a fiduciary liability to act in the best interest in of the shareholders and there are some LARGE names in that schedule. So I'd imagine the sound of lawyers salivating got to them.....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you are right. The company I work for had a poison pill that helped stop a "hostile" take over years ago. Except the buyer had some remorse and ended the takeover. We recently won a judgement for $410M contractual break up fee.
It's not a good idea to mess around with investor's money!

Brilliant on Musk's part, either sell (for a nice premium) or you go down in flames from litigation and a significant stock dump and he starts his own company.

Couple this with Disney and I wonder how "woke" companies are going to be going forward?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get woke go broke!

Let's see:
CNN+ didn't last a month for what $300M investment
Netflix going down in flames because of Cuties child pxrn
Gillete loses $8B due to woke shaving commercials

on and on and on

Latest posts