Musk offers to buy Twitter in cash....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img_1_1650919909177.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CNN+ didn't last a month for what $300M investment
There were other forces at work there, primarily Discovery completing their takeover of WarnerMedia from AT$T. Discovery announced that they intend to take CNN in a different direction, more into straight news, rather than following Fox and MSNBC down the Op-Ed path, and CNN+ doesn't fit that plan. It's highly likely that the folks at Discovery wouldn't have approved the launch of CNN+ as an independent service, but the takeover wasn't complete when it launched, so the best they could do was ax it once they had control.

The prevailing thought is that the CNN+ content will be merged into Discovery's unified platform, possibly under HBO's online service. It's just speculation at this point, but it doesn't seem likely that they'll just take the kind of money tied up in that content and flush it down the toilet.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, when you spend $300m and average less than 10,000 viewers per day, I would say there was poor planning, poor insight for demand and a very expensive customer base.

How many viewers do people like Rogan get per day? 30-40 million? I don’t know but I’ve heard those numbers before.

What I found interesting was that when I search for cnn+ only liberals news networks were in the results all making excuses why they failed.

Back to Twitter, the wife told me that the cbs evening news told her it was dangerous that Musk is taking over twitter. Now people can say whatever they want, spread misinformation and bully people. 😂😂

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, when you spend $300m and average less than 10,000 viewers per day, I would say there was poor planning, poor insight for demand and a very expensive customer base.
Oh, there's no doubt that it was a total charlie foxtrot from its inception, which is probably why Discovery wouldn't have signed off on it and axed it at the first opportunity. I just don't think "wokeness" was the overriding factor here.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Twitter Tells Staff Their Jobs Are Safe for 6 Months Until Musk Takes Over

Twitter staff have at least six months of job security, the company told employees, until Elon Musk takes control of the company in a $44 billion acquisition.

Twitter Tells Staff Their Jobs Are Safe for 6 Months Until Musk Takes Over
Twitter staff have at least six months of job security, the company told employees, until Elon Musk takes control of the company in a $44 billion acquisition.

The deal for Musk's takeover of Twitter was agreed to on Monday.

The staff were addressed Monday afternoon by CEO Parag Agrawal and board Chairman Bret Taylor. According to two people at the meeting, Agrawal said that ''it's important to acknowledge that all of you have many different feelings about what is happening.

''Some of you are concerned, some are you are excited, and some of you are waiting to see how this goes. I know this affects all of you personally. It is an emotional day, and I just want to acknowledge it.''

Employees were told that business will operate as usual until a deal closes in six months, and that there would be no layoffs ''at this time,'' although that may change when Musk officially takes the helm.

New York Times reporter Talmon Smith reported that the company's internal chat rooms were ''absolutely insane.'' One staffer said that '''I feel like im going to throw up..I rly don't wanna work for a company that is owned by Elon Musk.''

''How did we go from poison pill to this so quickly?'' another Twitter employee asked, according to journalist Yashar Ali.

Musk committed to protecting free speech on Twitter, ''defeat the spam bots,'' ''authenticate all humans,'' and said that he planned to ''enhance the product with new features,'' and ''make the algorithms open source to increase trust.''

Musk earlier called for his ''worst critics'' to stay on Twitter because ''that is what free speech means.''

Latest posts

Top Bottom