Muskogee SO Print Machine is Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Called twice today to try and make an appointment. Took them 20 minutes the first time to finally say, "We don't know where she is."

Second call, on hold for 10 minutes. Clerk finally answered, and said her machine has been down for a week, and she doesn't know when it will be fixed. Awesome. She claims MPD won't do prints, and if I go to Cherokee County, they'll reject me as soon as I say it's for SDA. That's kind of a pain.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More whining:

I called 4/29 (second or third day of calling) to see what was going on. On hold for 25 minutes, then disconnected on their end. Called back again, and ended up talking to Jeremy, the assistant administrator there. He said they were in the process of making changes, that they were aware of the issues, and the tone of the conversation suggested the clerk would not be there much longer. He asked for my name & number, said he'd call me 4/30 and arrange to get me in "this week."

No call on 4/30.

Called this afternoon, and found that Jeremy wasn't in today, had left no instructions about me, and that Sarah, the fingerprint clerk, quit by phone today, and they'll have someone new starting Monday. Interesting that they could have someone fill that position so quickly, but not cover it when the existing clerk was absent. So I get to call back Monday.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another good reason to remove the sheriffs department fingerprinting requirement from the SDA. I suppose you could always go and apply in person at the OSBI.

Last edited:

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we ended up going in on 5/5 for our prints. That actually went pretty quickly for two of us at once and a new employee.

My wife got an email from OSBI with her file number on 5/14, 9 days later. I still haven't received that email for my app. Is that unusual?

Latest posts

Top Bottom