Muzzle brake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Vias or other radial brakes will give you the appearance of what you are looking for...but they'll need to be turned down to look good, so that is cost prohibitive to you.

The VG6 is a phenomenal brake, but you'll need to be able to get your barreled action in a vice with a crush washer to time it correctly. If you have a vice and action block...no issues. This is the cheapest option if you have the tools already.

There are more self-timing brakes hitting the market these days. Tooless installation basically (maybe a couple of wrenches), but they are also in the $150 neighborhood for a good one. I did find a decent, less-expensive one made by Ultradyne (sp), but it is a bit larger in diameter. Definitely didn't make my 7 mag sexy, but it certainly works well.

RobertinElkCity

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use these on ARs, recoil runs straight back instead of up. Downside is everyone next to you will feel it.

I've got one on my 18" .308, and I popped an armadillo a few nights ago about 60 yards below the house. It was the first time my wife ever told me she woke up jumping from the report.

I certainly wouldn't use one for social shooting/hunting occasions.

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
VG6 on my new .308 pig popping rig.

20210923_134936.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom