Muzzle Sweep at the range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Canadian Valley, off Banner, Friday afternoon. Maybe 10 people there. Had a good time. It was good to see Harry! He remembered me as I used to be his UPS guy years ago.
Only trash I seen were targets that were shot up.

A group of 3 guys got the ole, " NO RAPID FIRE" warning.. lol

That's a stupid rule.
Come to Ponca Range, and you can bump fire, full auto, whatever, as long as its controlled and hits the berm.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
While out at OKC gun club monday I was on the bench rest range. A guy had just walked up to the line. That made a total of three of us there. He asked if he could post targets. I said Im clear and cleared my rifle and sat it on the rack. The other two went and checked/posted targets. The guy that asked came back to the benches and started fiddling with stuff. I wasnt paying a lot of attention because Im looking for brass and all. All of a sudden this guy launches one off. I yell at him that does he not see the guy AND his truck at the 200 yd range??!!!. Oh,no I didnt. Well the guy comes back and he has a look on his face. Before he says anything all this guy can muster is "I guess I owe you an apology"...really? Thats it. If that had been me he shot at there would have been a come to Jesus meeting. Just teaches the lesson when shooting with people you dont know BE CAREFUL.

THIS is why when speaking to others about range safety and rules, some members are succinct , crystal clear, and mince no words. Almost to the point of perceived rudeness. Rudeness and authoritativeness usually command attention and dispel any confusion as to the intent of the words. As long as everyone remembers to put their big boy pants on no one should get any hurt feelings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom