Muzzleloaders...let's see them folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Swampratt a friend of mine had one of those Bobcats that was the same way. It was no fun to shoot. BTW...you using WW's to cast those conicals from? Just curious cause you said your alloy was harder.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
blanket gun.jpeg
My Dad's blanket gun

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
elwoodtrix that thing is awesome!!
quigleysharps4570 the lead was soft stick on wheel weights mixed with old shower pan lead.

I have tried the clip on wheel weights and you can pull the bullet out of a tree and just about reload it.
Accuracy with the harder lead was terrible.
Buddy named the CVA bobcat "The Mule"
Hardest kicking gun we had .....Until.... He got a full choke single shot 12 gauge that you could stick 3 1/2" magnum loads into.
We got a 2 oz max dram 3 1/2" #4 turkey load and stuck one into that feather weight.
It kicked so quick and hard the front trigger guard would pound your finger.. It cut my buddies trigger finger.

2 shots is all I could take. That was 1 shot too many.
I stumbled back a couple feet and the barrel went for the sky on first shot.. Thought I was not ready so I loaded another.
Same thing.. Guess I was ready after all..Next! Who wants to shoot it.

Buddy named that 12 gauge " The Mule's Nightmare"

rmark

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Literally just arrived, .45 with a TC rear sight, 33" barrel, Dixie lock, love the schuetzen style rifles. Probably 1-48 twist, seller wasn't sure. Hope a short conical or real bullet works.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom