Muzzling people at range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to USSA today with my son (nothing against the range), as I drove in to check the ranges for set-up and what's open, one of the bays I drove past had a man and woman and sure enough the lady is pointing a pistol in my direction as I am driving by. Then later as my son and I are walking out to leave there was another couple and sure enough the lady had her pistol pointed in our direction.....I am not against women shooters...actually all for it. I just dislike dumbasses on the range.

Side note: I have never seen USSA look so poorly. Grass needs cut, targets stands look like hamburger, where did all the steel go?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to USSA today with my son (nothing against the range), as I drove in to check the ranges for set-up and what's open, one of the bays I drove past had a man and woman and sure enough the lady is pointing a pistol in my direction as I am driving by. Then later as my son and I are walking out to leave there was another couple and sure enough the lady had her pistol pointed in our direction.....I am not against women shooters...actually all for it. I just dislike dumbasses on the range.

Side note: I have never seen USSA look so poorly. Grass needs cut, targets stands look like hamburger, where did all the steel go?

I was at a Friends of the NRA Banquet last night, and I did call out the auctioneers display man walking around with his booger hook on the bang stick of a pistol. Did it privately, not publically and the issue was resolved. Muzzle was pointed up for the record.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Muzzle sweep is one of the reasons I can't stand indoor ranges. Obviously, USSA is outdoors (I'm a member) and that crap shouldn't have happened. It's bad enough to drive past unsafe practices, but to be next to some knucklehead on an indoor range is more than I can take anymore. As I get older, my patience to put up with idiots is rapidly diminishing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Muzzle sweep is one of the reasons I can't stand indoor ranges. Obviously, USSA is outdoors (I'm a member) and that crap shouldn't have happened. It's bad enough to drive past unsafe practices, but to be next to some knucklehead on an indoor range is more than I can take anymore. As I get older, my patience to put up with idiots is rapidly diminishing.
At an outdoor range, it's just about impossible to not be in front of a muzzle because you have to go down range to change targets, so if you point it up range on the table, its pointing at the person driving by, and it you point it at the berm, it's pointing at the person changing targets.
Our range rules say that the gun must be on the table action open, or if a rifle in the rack and you had best not be touching it while someone is down range changing targets.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At an outdoor range, it's just about impossible to not be in front of a muzzle because you have to go down range to change targets, so if you point it up range on the table, its pointing at the person driving by, and it you point it at the berm, it's pointing at the person changing targets.
Our range rules say that the gun must be on the table action open, or if a rifle in the rack and you had best not be touching it while someone is down range changing targets.

I do mostly pistol shooting, so I either have a bay to myself, or I'm on the "Rogers Range" 99% of the time by myself. Other folks just isn't a factor.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had that happen at H&H enough times I don't go there to shoot anymore.I will eat at their café and look at their guns and knives but that is it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom