MWC: Man deemed justified in fatal shooting of teenager attempting to break into home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With a framing hammer in his hand, the 16-yr-old rushed at the 62-yr-old man. The man then shot him with a shotgun.

http://okcfox.com/news/local/man-de...ing-of-teenager-attempting-to-break-into-home
Man deemed justified in fatal shooting of teenager attempting to break into home
by Austin Prickett
Friday, July 21st 2017
..."Police found several items stolen from a home and church in the area in Moler's backpack. Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater has reviewed the case and declined to press charges against the homeowner."...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The video said that this event happened last month. Sounds like Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater took a long time in coming to his decision not to prosecute the victim.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say up front that do not know all the facts involved in the case and that I do not have any expertise in this area. Therefore I will not say that it did take too long. But in most of the other cases with similar outcomes that I have read/heard about, the decisions on guilt or innocence were usually made in a one to two week time span. Perhaps Prater was making doubly sure that his decision would not be contested/overturned at a later date.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is DA Prater prone to prosecuting people for instances like this? In other words, is he a liberal?
He's a Democrat. His soundbites and newsreels don't sound very conservative. He's been investigated for violating campaign laws but nothing has stuck, so probably a typical politician.

Plus, he only rates 1 star on Google reviews...

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say up front that do not know all the facts involved in the case and that I do not have any expertise in this area. Therefore I will not say that it did take too long. But in most of the other cases with similar outcomes that I have read/heard about, the decisions on guilt or innocence were usually made in a one to two week time span. Perhaps Prater was making doubly sure that his decision would not be contested/overturned at a later date.

He's a Democrat. His soundbites and newsreels don't sound very conservative. He's been investigated for violating campaign laws but nothing has stuck, so probably a typical politician.

Plus, he only rates 1 star on Google reviews...

Like I said before, I didn't know all the facts and certainly have no expertise in the case. With that it mind, IMHO it looks like Prater could have moved faster on this case since since it involved Oklahoma's Castle Doctrine Law and Oklahoma's Self Defense Law(breaking into the man's home with a framing hammer as a weapon). If the 62yr. old man had not acted(or had been unarmed), could it have not been a possibility that he would have been the fatality in the case?

Latest posts

Top Bottom