My 3 scopes I am looking to buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my catch, I am sure there great deals on amazon, or for other online sources. But I don't want to get a bad apple and then have to fight to ship it back for a return. Getting one from a local store I could walk in return it to get another. Why I was looking at those 3 at walmart. I mean this small tasco is working ok, just wish it was 1 inch tube and a 40mm rather 3/4 inch tube kinda like looking through a straw. On low power its kinda clear get a little fish eye looking through it does it job. Why I was thinking that simmons pro target would do ok or be better and fit my needs. Plus I can take it back to walmart if something happens. I may contact simmons and ask about the warrenty on their scopes and see what it covers and see if its worth it or wait and look at nikon, vortex or bushnell trophy.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What 22 rifle will you be putting this scope on and what will be its intended use?

If you are current/former military or law enforcement I can point you in a direction to where you can get as much as 65% off MSRP on Bushnell scopes and 40% (sometimes higher) off MSRP on Vortex scopes. I have saved several hundred dollars on scope purchases this way.

Personally, I would not spend my hard earned money.....even if its only $50 on any of the scopes you listed. ANY scope can fail, its a mechanical instrument created by man. Having a rock solid warranty is a big plus in our hobby. With my Vortex warranty on my Razor scope, I could run over the scope with my truck/shoot the scope with my shotgun and Vortex would replace it without question. That's their VIP warranty.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What 22 rifle will you be putting this scope on and what will be its intended use?

If you are current/former military or law enforcement I can point you in a direction to where you can get as much as 65% off MSRP on Bushnell scopes and 40% (sometimes higher) off MSRP on Vortex scopes. I have saved several hundred dollars on scope purchases this way.

Personally, I would not spend my hard earned money.....even if its only $50 on any of the scopes you listed. ANY scope can fail, its a mechanical instrument created by man. Having a rock solid warranty is a big plus in our hobby. With my Vortex warranty on my Razor scope, I could run over the scope with my truck/shoot the scope with my shotgun and Vortex would replace it without question. That's their VIP warranty.

Marlin model 60, right now just plinking around, go down to the pond pop a few turtles. Would like to go tree rat hunting eventually. My eyes are not what they use to be I have a hard time focusing up close or far away, so the scope would a tool to help see. Like I have said read alot and most say the simmons scope do great for 22 rifles. I was looking last night at nikon I would be looking at 120 bucks for one, bushnell trophy another one about the same. I did come across one for 89 think it was centerpoint walmart carrys it got suggested on another forum I read on. I think for now what I will be doing the simmons pro target would be a good one, only down side on a video review guy said the reticle seems a little fat and was hard to see through it lines were on the thick side, but he did say for money it wasn't bad.

Looking at the nikon rimfire I did like the look of it. Those at walmart I did take out of the box and looked through them, they were clear alot better then this small cheap tasco, I just wish I could have looked through the simmons pro target to see how good it was. Being able to zoom in would be good, but when I zoom in with this cheap tasco it goes blurry, either from being cheap or my eye are that bad, I did read that when you zoom in it changes the eye relief. So in the morning whilst drinking my morning joe will sit on the back porch and play with this tasco zoom in and move my eye relief back and see what happens. I do have a local gun shop in a small town near me I pay him a visit see what he has in stock and see if can look through them at least get a idea of what to look for.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dirt Rider, if you want to look thru them we could meet up. I like to keep things cheap. I am assuming you are hitting up WM and Atwoods off 9. Anyway, heading out to let my wife hit tree rats Thursday morning, then the son on Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather. The wife is using a Marlin 60 also.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dirt Rider, if you want to look thru them we could meet up. I like to keep things cheap. I am assuming you are hitting up WM and Atwoods off 9. Anyway, heading out to let my wife hit tree rats Thursday morning, then the son on Saturday or Sunday, depending on weather. The wife is using a Marlin 60 also.

Yea I have been to that WM on westside, didn't even think atwoods had guns stuff, till I was reading on here last night and went to check the website and sure enough. They do show the nikon rimfire but not sure if its at the norman store. I am off the next days, then my next 2 days off will be this weekend.

I work in Norman as well so can meet up sometime to after I get off work depend what my schedule is for that day. That would be easier as I live 30 miles from Norman.

Last edited:

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work MTuWF 8:30 to 23:00, Thursdays I work 15:00 to to 23:00. But I do get Weekends off. I have a Simmons 3-9 I just pulled off, 10 years and it broke, damn cheap scope, but for under $5 a year for my squirrel rifle that ain't bad at all. Still need to call and see if they will fix it, they did the last 1, 10 years ago, my cousin still has it mounted on his truck gun.
496c036408e5014035b39a58f251c005.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom