My 3 scopes I am looking to buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How good is the truglow scopes? I see some love them others say they are junk. Its mostly what acadmeny carries. Depending how much I get on my sales bonus coming up, think its going to be around a couple hundred I am looking at the nikon rimfire a couple say its not good for low light, but more say its good. So if I get a good sales bonus I can bump up my scope budget to under 100 for a scope, the rest I am going to get a mcarbo trigger spring kit to reduce the trigger pull.

Looking at atwoods they carry the nikon rimfire, I plan on stopping there see if its at the Norman store if they carry it and see if I can look through it and see what other stuff they have and see what scopes they have on display.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I kinda like to have .410. My dad has one that was his dads, I hope to take it over one of these days if he leaves to me. I never seen it except when I was about 8 yrs old, but don't remember what it looks like, just know its a old one.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To give a update, I stopped by atwoods Friday after I got off work. Wanted to see what they had in stock for gun stuff. I kinda like what they had, I did like this bench rest they had for 9 bucks may have to get that for just because and when I get my scope to help get it sighted in and set. Talking about scopes they do have the nikon prostaff rimfire for 119. I got to look through it, and well loved it. Was very clear a tad better than the simmons pro target at wallyworld, didn't feel very heavy either, when I zoomed it was a little blurry not near at bad as this tasco I have now. So hopefully and pray my sales bonus I was told should be around 200 is true I will have one come payday friday, and on my day off next week sunday will be setting it up.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you look down them at Academy? Bigger selection and depending on the person behind the counter they are either patient with you or not. The 1st was impatient with my wife so I had him replaced. She ended up with the BSA on her Marlin 60, have added a sun shield to it. A little heavy, but she is good with it and she is a small lady. Plus, the adjustable parallax makes the world of difference for her, she missed her squirrel but she could see it.

Now she has to scope the new one, so she is still doing the hunt also
1914720abf29594f319e1d813afbbcaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, the other is Marlin 883 and a Heritage Rough Rider.

The revolver has 22LR and 22WMR cylinders.

The Model 60 is 22LR.

The Model 883 is 22WMR.

Either going to get her another revolver, thinking Ruger Wranger in bronze, or just make her use the 1 with either rifle.

Also, going to look at a belt rig for her for Christmas, 1 belt, for either cartridge that way. She would be set up. Might have to build it for her, she will want scrolls, flowers, critters, coloring and the works on it.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't had chance to check academy yet but maybe during the week when I get off work I might buzz academy. The old guy at atwoods, kinda pissed me off about walked out on them. I stood there for a bit looking at them peering over the counter, then walked down by where him and another worker was standing and talking he had to know I was looking and wanted help but kept on talking. If I hadn't wanted to really look through the scope I would have said something really nasty and walked out.

rswink

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just speak up from the beginning, never get anywhere waiting for them to stop talking or playing on the phone. And that's everywhere anymore.

BlackRifle

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been researching the Nikon Prostaff 3,Vortex Diamondback, and the Leupold VX Freedom all in 3x9 40. After looking through all of them, I just felt the Leupold had the clearest glass. Ended up buying one from Academy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom