My 6 year old laid the hammer down yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my son and I got to get out for youth rifle yesterday. getting ready to go back tonight since he still has a buck tag.

We didn't have a blind since the place we went last year was leased at the last second. yesterday I started us one from pallets and then finished it up today But we still hunted from it yesterday partially finished.

We were not there for even 20 minutes and out steps this fawn by herself. I had been seeing her for a few days by herself on camera. I figure mom either got an arrow already or a V8 either way I told Jack that there was a deer and to get ready. It took him a minute to get on it but when he did he laid the smack down. He was using a suppressed .300Blk Handi Rifle. The deer only went about 30 yards, hardly bled at all. I know as little as the deer was the bullet did not have time to expand even though it is meant to be a subsonic expandable bullet. I heard it smack that deer loud and clear. She gave a donkey kick ran about 10 yards and stopped, Stumbled and then walked out of sight and died about 10 yards later is some tall grass.

The start of our blind.

Finished up for now.

View from inside down to our feeder.

View from the feeder back up to the blind.

Him being a monkey on our ranger

And here he is with his trophy. (He made me promise beforehand that he wouldn't have to watch me gut it, Guess I'll have to break him in one step at a time.)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome!!
Great job kiddo ..You will soon be gutting them..
Hey dad take him out when it is below freezing and have him put the smack down on one.. have the boy warm his hands while gutting.
That should do it. :)
I have adult friends that gag when i gut the deer. No worries
Good job to both of you.. the blind is working well .. very hard to detect

Latest posts

Top Bottom