My good ol Lee Auto prime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpg
IMG_1408.JPG

She finally spit the bit. I noticed a lil squeaky sound and then pop. I'm sure disappointed. She's primed me at least 4000 brass. Bought it used at a pawn shop 6yrs ago prolly. It sure weren't new when I got it. It did come with the super heavy duty paper clip to hold the primer tray lid on. Not sure if that's the original price on the box or what I gave for it. Anyhow, what replacement model do you fellas recommend? I've read that Lee will sell you the XR at half price plus shipping if you ship your old one to em. I reckon a guy could buy one local for less money once all that shipping is paid. I'd kinda like to keep this one anyhow. For some reason. I need opinions on a new one, let er rip Tater chip.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would buy the piece that broke. I have an extra one at all times
I figured surely this part was obsolete. Thanks. I'll call Lee tomorrow. I magine it's like all their products and they'll give me one free if I pay the shipping. Heck, I bought some used dies once and the decapping pin was missing. I called to buy one and the lady said all I needed to pay was shipping. Good folks

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks I assume you know these interchange on my old style or you wouldn't be leading me down this road?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two of the old round tray Auto Primes. Had them since the late 80's.
I put a dab of motor honey on the pivot points, no problems yet.

Although, the past year or so, I've primed on-press, with the Lee Classic Turret setup. Some folks complain of problems with that setup, but it's working fine for me.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I can prime on my Lee single stage but it's kinda slow and have to handle primers. I think I can get a feeder for it. I can prime on my Lee loadmaster but I've found it very problematic especially with small primers. I usually have one daughter run the handprimer and one run the single stage press. They really enjoy it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom