• Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  • All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

My Grandpa gave me a gun is it legally mine??? Oklahoma

Ashlie

Marksman
Reaction score
So my grandpa gave me his Sccy that I have been wanting for years. Now when he bought the gun he did so at a store so there was background checks and all that. So I guess I have a couple questions. When he bought the gun was it registered to him just for buying it or is that a separate process and second since he just gave me the gun does that make the gun legally mine?? Lets say I had to pawn it to get a little help. When I go to get it out they have to run a background check. Once all that is clear will they let me have my gun back?? I dont know if this makes sense. Lol thanks for your help

Ashlie

Marksman
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma and trying to figure out a few things.So my grandpa gave me his Sccy that I have been wanting for years. Now when he bought the gun he did so at a store so there was background checks and all that. So I guess I have a couple questions. When he bought the gun was it registered to him just for buying it or is that a separate process and second since he just gave me the gun does that make the gun legally mine?? Lets say I had to pawn it to get a little help. When I go to get it out they have to run a background check. Once all that is clear will they let me have my gun back?? I dont know if this makes sense. Lol thanks for your help

Ashlie

Marksman
Reaction score
I live in Oklahoma amd trying to get some answers. So my grandpa gave me his Sccy that I have been wanting for years. Now when he bought the gun he did so at a store so there was background checks and all that. So I guess I have a couple questions. When he bought the gun was it registered to him just for buying it or is that a separate process and second since he just gave me the gun does that make the gun legally mine?? Lets say I had to pawn it to get a little help. When I go to get it out they have to run a background check. Once all that is clear will they let me have my gun back?? I dont know if this makes sense. Lol thanks for your help

Ashlie

Marksman
Reaction score
So my grandpa gave me his Sccy that I have been wanting for years. Now when he bought the gun he did so at a store so there was background checks and all that. So I guess I have a couple questions. When he bought the gun was it registered to him just for buying it or is that a separate process and second since he just gave me the gun does that make the gun legally mine?? Lets say I had to pawn it to get a little help. When I go to get it out they have to run a background check. Once all that is clear will they let me have my gun back?? I dont know if this makes sense. Lol thanks for your help

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you’re legally able to own a handgun, then it’s legally yours. Oklahoma doesn’t require any paper work for private transactions.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Supporter
Reaction score
I could only imagine how little they would give for a SCCY on Pawn. I dont know your situation and not trying to be rude, but it hardly seems like it would be worth the hassle.

Top Bottom