My grandson...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So me and my oldest grandson, the Tater, his real name is Eli, he's 8, were at the grocery store over the weekend, when he stumbled upon a KoolAid display. "Look pawpaw" he said excitedly "only 10 cents! Can we get some?"

Seeing the pure joy and excitement in my little man's eyes, like he had struck gold or something (eureeka!!!) there was no way I could turn the little feller down.

So we bought a big ol' stack of em. I gotta say, on some of the flavors, like black cherry, grape, orange, lemonade and my personal favorite, tropical punch, I was thwarted back to my youth, filled with summers wearing the official school's out mustache, being the bright red or purple stain on our upper lip from consuming mass quantities of this awesome summertime nectar.

However...

Some of the hybrid flavor combos like kiwi/strawberry and ANYTHING blue, were just plain awful according to my tastebuds, but my little man liked it, so I tried not to complain...very much. :grumble:

I was always convinced that anytime scientists are in the lab trying to make a cure for cancer that fails, they toss a little sugar in it and make it a sports/energy drink or breakfast cereal. I reckon it's safe to say that we can add those goofy KoolAid combo drinks as well.

Anyways...thank you Tater. Thanks for the long lost memories that I relived, provided merely by your keen, sharp eye and a buck or two.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want to put a smile on Tater's face, pick him up some Wylers Italian ice pops, I get at DG or big lots.. Them suckers are good.. I have about 12 boxes in the freezer and our kids are long gone.. Pink or green box..

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You want to put a smile on Tater's face, pick him up some Wylers Italian ice pops, I get at DG or big lots.. Them suckers are good.. I have about 12 boxes in the freezer and our kids are long gone.. Pink or green box..

Ha! Are you kiddin' me? Them thangs are a hot commodity at our place. Betwixt Tater and his cousin Texas Ranger (his real name is Layden Walker) we can't hardly keep in stock 'round here.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up some of this. I think I like the old school powder better tho.
Tang.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom