My Hot Motor Scooter!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'd be lookin' badass indeed!

I think the word you are looking for is fatass. :P

I was teasing the wife last night I needed a street legal motor scooter so I could run to the hardware store or something when she is gone. Told her we could go on motorcycle runs with some guys we know. She could ride on the back and hold my tank. :P

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built one like that but used a brigs 5HP and no governor and in 80-100 feet you would be about topped out at 45 MPH.

I then built another one using wide and tall riding mower tires. Just as fast.
I did not put any brakes on that fat tire one I did make the foot pegs stick out 10" and you could lay it sideways and drag
the peg and slow down or stop.

Or just stand up and get off of it.
I had the throttle hooked up so if you completely let off it would die.
If you could not work the throttle without killing it you probably aren't smart or coordinated enough to ride the death trap.

Many adults rode it once.
One guy wanted me to let his son ride it. NO WAY. He said your boys ride it..Yea those are my boys.
I told him you ride it and see if you want your son on it.

He got on and took off and legs started flailing in the air.
He let off and it died and he pushed it back.

He told his son you are not ever riding that thing.

My boys got a 600cc F3 or F4 and Honda and recently got it running and running well now.
4th gear wheelie at 115 MPH!
Nice!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I built one like that but used a brigs 5HP and no governor and in 80-100 feet you would be about topped out at 45 MPH.

I then built another one using wide and tall riding mower tires. Just as fast.
I did not put any brakes on that fat tire one I did make the foot pegs stick out 10" and you could lay it sideways and drag
the peg and slow down or stop.

Or just stand up and get off of it.
I had the throttle hooked up so if you completely let off it would die.
If you could not work the throttle without killing it you probably aren't smart or coordinated enough to ride the death trap.

Many adults rode it once.
One guy wanted me to let his son ride it. NO WAY. He said your boys ride it..Yea those are my boys.
I told him you ride it and see if you want your son on it.

He got on and took off and legs started flailing in the air.
He let off and it died and he pushed it back.

He told his son you are not ever riding that thing.

My boys got a 600cc F3 or F4 and Honda and recently got it running and running well now.
4th gear wheelie at 115 MPH!
Nice!

I get it Jeff. a 5HP engine on these little mini bikes is a lot! This beasty of a machine in my garage has 6.5 HP out of a 212 cc engine!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get it Jeff. a 5HP engine on these little mini bikes is a lot! This beasty of a machine in my garage has 6.5 HP out of a 212 cc engine!
Pfftt, that's nothing. My 250 CC engine on the Honda ATC 250R was running real close to 50 HP after Selvy's of California got done with the mods on a 175 lb machine. It was the definition of quick.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
is it a garage build or a modified store bought?

Modified. The Mini Bike is a Baja Doodlebug; it probably had a 3.0-3.5 HP motor on it to begin with, then somebody decided it was a good idea to put the largest engine that would fit on it: A Predator 212 CC cranking out 6.5HP. When you crank the throttle, it's like you're riding an angry motor just inches off the ground that happens to have two small wheels and a gas tank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom