My interpretation of the Second Amendment.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlongCameJones

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This amendment has not one but two purposes.

1. prohibits the federal government of the United States of America from denying each and every one the Several States the right to establish and maintain militias for the purpose of the State's own security

AND

2. prohibits any government, person or entity in the world from denying the right of each and every law-abiding individual person on American soil to have in his or her possession (or on or about his or her person) one or more weapons

PS - Above and beyond the Second Amendment, I believe it is the natural and inalienable human right to be armed for self-preservation. I believe America's Founding Fathers understood this very well.

I'm not preaching to choir here. This is what "the choir" needs to preach to stupid gun-grabbing idiots all across the land. Please pass it on.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211029-231715_Chrome.jpg

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only comment is on this:
2. prohibits any government, person or entity in the world... (emphasis added)
The United States Constitution is binding only on the people and governments of the United States and not on any foreign governments, and no foreign constitution is binding on the United States on on its people (as long as they are residing within the United States.)

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My only comment is on this:

The United States Constitution is binding only on the people and governments of the United States and not on any foreign governments, and no foreign constitution is binding on the United States on on its people (as long as they are residing within the United States.)

This meams it is the duty and obligation of the US government to protect this right of the people by any and all means necessary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom