My Kids Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats awesome! No surfboard on the wall. I'm impressed!

His surfboard is in the garage. However he normally uses his bodyboard and is actually at the beach now with his friends.

Cool also that he has a lariat hanging on the wall. I just can't make out the rack that is holding the rope and baseball bat. Is that some kind of specially made rack?

His lariat came from his grandfather on my wife's side who used to do roping, etc in rodeos. He got that for him from King Ropes when we were in Sheridan WY. The rack is a piece of Oak that is finished and has two deer hoofs that were dried (or whatever he did) so the last joint closest to the hoof was dried at a 90* angle and then mounted with the same hardware you would use to attach wood legs to the underside of a wood table. The threaded rod stuff. If you want a close up pic I will post up. Its a cool and unique rack for sure.

You live where I was born I am glad I am here and you are there :)

I like the room also..how do his friends like it?

Ha! Pretty soon we will be living where you live. Just about all his friends like it as he tends to hang out with like minded kids. Some of the girls find it interesting but just aren't used to it until they walk into our house and his room.

Great room....great kid...that's a direct reflection on the parents !

Thank you. We do our best and it works out most of the time, as you could probably relate.

I like the coyote hide, that’s pretty cool. May have to keep a good one that I trap and do something like that.

The coyote hide is thick and heavy fur. I do believe the owner of the shop said it was a local yote with the heavy fur.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, living in Orange County, CA about 2 miles from the beach you would be hard pressed to find a bedroom like what my 15 year old son has done with his room.

We finally were able to bring back the mount for the deer he took last season as well as the fan and wings of the turkey my son shot last April and get them up in his room last weekend. The small deer was his first buck he got three seasons ago and the larger one was from 2017 and is a real nice 9 point. The turkey is his second and is one he called in by himself last Spring turkey season. My FIL did the fan and wings. The yote fur we bought about 4 years ago at Western Montana Fur Center in Anaconda, MT that buys and sells pelts. Anyways it's a pretty unique room that would make the average Millennial seek out a safe space. So proud of this kid.

View attachment 128288 View attachment 128289

That's a KILLER bedroom if I had 10 thumbs they'd all be up.. You have good right to be proud, good job daddy O.. Lets hope that damn blue state never gets the better of him..

Latest posts

Top Bottom