My "long range" rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice. You ever take it out to Fouled Bore? What brake are you going to go with?

Still researchint brakes. Its down to 3 which I have written down at home and dont recall off the top of my head.

I would like to go to Fouled Bore but think I need more seat time behind this at something beyond 100 so I dont go there and make a fool of myself.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to pick one up for my 243 I had threaded and Im about to have my 300WM threaded and I havent decided on what one to get is why I asked.

Man, Fouled Bore is a laid back place. You wont make a fool of yourself at all. The steel starts at 300 yards and every 100 out to 1350. Hell when I went I didnt even have any of my long guns lined out and I shot my buddys 308. I ended up shooting my AR at the 300 just to see where my holds needed to be.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So for me its between these 3

Precision Armament M4-72
APA Fat Bastard (or little bastard, tbd)
MBM Beast

They all seem pretty comparable for recoil reduction...I think its down to price and cosmetics at this point. APA is about $60 more than the other two. MBM is shiney stainless and Precision Armament is black/parked.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ill have to look up the PA. Ive seen the other two. Im leaning toward the Muscle brake of some sort. They make a few different ones. They are supposed to be pretty gentle on the ears compared to others. I may just go cheap though since they're all pretty comparable recoil wise.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice rifle, perfect for honing your long rang skills. Don't worry about what others may or may not think at fouled bore. We have all had our embarrassing range days.

I shoot a GA Precision Titan muzzle break on my 7wsm. With 180gr bullets felt recoil is less than my sons 260. I took the picture off the web but its exactly like mine. It is loud as hell though.
image.jpeg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the pic I was looking for. This was obviously on steels but a 3 shot group with the rig above (before trigger) at 500 yards. I didnt have a tape measure to get an exact measurement but thats a damn good group. Still factory loaded Federal GMM 168gr.
983748_1038614252850470_5791529697020373852_n.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the pic I was looking for. This was obviously on steels but a 3 shot group with the rig above (before trigger) at 500 yards. I didnt have a tape measure to get an exact measurement but thats a damn good group. Still factory loaded Federal GMM 168gr. View attachment 96281

That is an awesome group!

My 308 shoots the 168 GMM better than anything I have reloaded so far (sub 0.400 groups), so I don't even try to reload for it. It helps that I bought 500 rounds of it on sale before it went up in price. I think I paid $15.88/box back then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom