My M1 Garand from CMP finally arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. Thinking strongly about ordering a rifle and just want to know as much about them as I can.

From the CMP? I'd strongly recommend you think more strongly about buying a M1 Garand while you can. The CMP announced earlier this week that they're curtailing their store hours by eliminating Wednesdays altogether, so the stores are open only Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They cited the lack of M1 Garands available for stocking in the stores, since everyone and their grandmother is swamping the CMP folks by buying them mail order. If I hadn't had a spate of $$$ veterinarian bills lately, I'd have had an order for a couple more M1's already in the mail.

But do budget for some HXP ammo, as the CMP has said they have perhaps a year's supply left. I suspect it's less than that now; when they put out the sealed spam cans for sale, that will signal the end of the supply line unless they get a bunch of surplus 30-06 from another source.

RonBurgundy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the CMP? I'd strongly recommend you think more strongly about buying a M1 Garand while you can. The CMP announced earlier this week that they're curtailing their store hours by eliminating Wednesdays altogether, so the stores are open only Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They cited the lack of M1 Garands available for stocking in the stores, since everyone and their grandmother is swamping the CMP folks by buying them mail order. If I hadn't had a spate of $$$ veterinarian bills lately, I'd have had an order for a couple more M1's already in the mail.

But do budget for some HXP ammo, as the CMP has said they have perhaps a year's supply left. I suspect it's less than that now; when they put out the sealed spam cans for sale, that will signal the end of the supply line unless they get a bunch of surplus 30-06 from another source.

Good to know about the ammo. I got 400 rounds of the HXP. Probably will order some more here soon.

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pulling the trigger on this because I have a feeling that the Obama executive order is going to dry up the supply on Garands pretty soon.