1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

My M11 is finally home!

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by dubs chops, Sep 17, 2012.

1. been

been Sharpshooter

thanks for the link!

2. ratski

ratski Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Sweet.

Looks like a sten mag or Uzi mag conversion. Gotta love steel mags instead of xytel.

dave

3. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Can't convert an M11/9 to use Uzi mags and doesn't look like STEn's to me. Looks like some of the PAM2 metal mags that Recon Ordnance converts for use in the M11/9 (US Machinegun sells these mags as well).

4. ratski

ratski Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Didn't really look like a STEn to me, but....

Wasn't Richard Lage doing some Uzi conversions a few years back? I thought that he did and then went off on a different tangent.

Dave

5. CAR-AR-M16

CAR-AR-M16 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    No, the M11/9 frame is not wide enough to use an UZI magwell. They do make an UZI conversion for the MAC 10's though.

Lage made a modified version of the Suomi mags that worked with his MAX-11 DF upper and modified bolt (no mods needed to the lower). He does not offer this conversion anymore due to too many variations in M11/9 dimensions. My M11/9 is a Lage DF conversion and use the modified 36 round Suomi mags. Here is a pic of one of my mags.

[​IMG]

6. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Id be willing to bet good money they are PAM2

7. dubs chops

dubs chops Sharpshooter

This guy knows /\

8. Cohiba

Cohiba Sharpshooter

Richard Lage does excellent work. When I had Macs and a few M-11's, I bought some items from him including one upper. There use to be a site...machineguns.com? ....out of Arizona.

Pracrical Solutions...back East...Sam did good work. Over at Uzi Talk, there's a section for MAC and M-11 owners. Cobray..Cobray Arms...Harvey use to run it. When you bought stuff from him, his tobacco pipe smoke flavored the inside of your item's box. ...I think Harvey is deceased. Robert Burrows...I think out of Kansas use to dabble in Mac's and M-11. Man, my memory is going.

The first time my wife shot a stock M-11, it was a melt down. I reminded her this was a fast shooting little gun. Alot faster than the Uzi or the Thompson(which was to heavy for her).

I told her to lean forward and count to two, stop, lean forward, count to two.

She leaned forward and let that puppy rip. We were in an indoor (Top Gun) gun range in Houston. She hit the ceiling, the floor, the holder...the aluminum holder that holds the target...it fell on the floor, she hit the guy next to us target.

She emptied the 32 round clip, set the gun down, said a few adjectives, and told me she would never shoot that gun again. She was sticking to the Uzi...nice and slow..thump, thump, thump, thump.

The first OSA shoot I attended when I moved back from Houston, I took a Mac-10 to the meet.

Nobody expected an auto, when I fired it off...you should have seen the look on a few peoples faces. One little kid got scared and about wet his pants.

I really miss the Houston crew I ran around with and the machine gun shoots we'd have. That was the first time I saw a Lage upper.

Have fun with your toy!!! Get ready, the class III bug has bit you...you'll want more toys.

Just remembered...look over at Subguns.com for prices and parts...also again, Uzi talk.

Cohiba

9. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    I remember that! My wife and I were 2 bays down.

10. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

I was there too.