My mentor is dead...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss.

I met the man a couple of times but I wasn't around him more than a few minutes each time.

The last time was two or three years ago at a hunting show here in Shawnee. Him and another old timer were manning the booth for the Oklahoma Rifle Association.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met Paul from a class or two and some matches. He was very welcoming and enjoyed what God put him here in Earth to do. RIP Mr Abel

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He lived a good and interesting life for sure. The fact that he passed on the birthday of the Marines is very fitting. RIP Paul.

Sadly, he missed it. He went around 10:45pm last night. My oldest grandson was born on the 9th, so now I'll associate the two events together every November 9th. Just like how John Wayne died on Mrs. GEDs birthday, June 11th.

Thank you for all the kind words and condolences guys. He really meant a lot to me.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took a 1 day pistol class with Mr. Abel about 20 years ago. Until then I THOUGHT I knew how to shoot a pistol.

Yeah, don't let the potbellied old man fool you. He knew his stuff. Most everybody saw him use a 1911. You should have seen him make his Smith & Wesson K frame sing. He was every bit the marksman and showman that OHP Trooper Dan Combs was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom