My moon child sister in law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is an interesting article, I didn't know they had found anything as large as an atom that could resist decoherence (albeit in a synthetic molecule). The rest of the article is about what i was saying, that quantum consciousness is "a cottage industry" of "woo mysticism".
I may or may not be the smartest person in the room at any given time, but my point wasn't to make a show of it, but its quantum mechanics and it kind of doesn't have a layman explanation because it isn't a simple or relatable concept. our regular experience of the world is vastly different than the one underpinning it. Sorry if it seemed like I was stroking off in public, I just happen to have a passion for physics.
Here's a cool video that explains it better.

Another article on Quantum Physics and consciousness. Science is always advancing and if one says science is settled then we should be applying leaches to cure Covid-19.

https://www.sott.net/article/455739-Can-consciousness-be-explained-by-Quantum-Physics

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is no such thing as settled science, how does your house have electricity? Is the jury still out on V=IR? How does the motor in your car work? are we still debating PV=nRT? How do levers and pulleys and screws and ramps and wedges and wheels work? are they still testing?
your comment should be "all i know of real science says i do not know enough". looking at the edge of the map and saying "here be dragons" doesn't make the rest of the map unknown or unknowable.
If you want to get into epistemology and the conceptual framework of "knowing" something, Plato, Aristotle, Locke, Descartes, Aquinas, Leibniz, Newton and Kant are good reads.
I apologize if I came across a little snide in my remarks but your remarks came across to me as somewhat condescending. My whole point is, we as humans don’t know what we don’t know. All one has to do is look at all the discoveries in the last 1,000 or 200 or even the past 25 years. Much of physics is based on theories that have yet to be proven, including the “Big Bang Theory”. Physicists are convinced there is “Dark Matter’ and it is a very convincing theory, but yet it remains a theory, as it has yet to be isolated and much research is being conducted in that field.

If this world survives another thousand years, we cannot imagine what discoveries lay ahead. It would probably over whelm our senses at this time.

Here is a quote by Nikola Tesla:

The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena; it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence." ― Nikola Tesla

My younger brother has a PHD in chemistry and a minor in physics from the University of Florida and we have discussed such matters many times. Get this, he is a devout Evangelical Christian and believes in prayer and miracles. His science background cannot adequately explain how that would work. I have a different belief system than he, but would never discount his belief system nor would I ever discount anyone’s belief system. I’m not wise enough and don’t have all the answers.

I agree with you about your list of philosophers to read and have read many of them on your list, but not all, but have read some you did not list such as Seneca, Epictetus, Will Durant, Friedrich Nietzsche, etc. They all had their strong points and some questionable ideas. No one has a corner on the truth!

Peace be with you!

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone ever seen anything like this or heard of this? My sister in law uses these crystals and burns sage to keep "negative Oras, spirits and energies away". She performs these moon chants as well. She almost got bit by a timber rattler a few weeks ago because she was sitting outside on the ground under a full moon performing a seance with her friend. My wife and I told her she probably summonsed the snake up accidentally in some dark mystic way. Anyways, these were "charging" on her front porch today and I snapped a picture.
She sounds like she’s one of those Wicands. I probably misspelled that. I dated a hot redhead out of California that was into that type of stuff

Latest posts

Top Bottom