My moon child sister in law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I almost hate to enter this conversation, but it didn't come from nothing. The current theory is that it was the primordial black hole, that released its energy, to form the current universe.
Even a black hole had to come from something. The universe is something. We as humans aren’t capable of understanding what nothing is. But before GOD created everything there was NOTHING. Everything that has been created was done so by God. Science is easy to disprove on many things. And if we really sit back and think about the Big Bang and how life came about it’s easy to come to the conclusion that, that is ridiculous and impossible. Unless God made it happen. But we know how things were created because the text tells us.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If there is no such thing as settled science, how does your house have electricity? Is the jury still out on V=IR? How does the motor in your car work? are we still debating PV=nRT? How do levers and pulleys and screws and ramps and wedges and wheels work? are they still testing?
your comment should be "all i know of real science says i do not know enough". looking at the edge of the map and saying "here be dragons" doesn't make the rest of the map unknown or unknowable.
If you want to get into epistemology and the conceptual framework of "knowing" something, Plato, Aristotle, Locke, Descartes, Aquinas, Leibniz, Newton and Kant are good reads.
That is not settled science, that is harnessing what we know. Almost daily something we thought we knew everything about, shows off some hidden little quirk that throws the people that study it for a loop. Face it, real science is always questioning, always investigating.

I have known a few people in the scientific community thru the years. The smartest will always tell you that on any given subject, there is always more to learn.

CoolShi7Designer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another article on Quantum Physics and consciousness. Science is always advancing and if one says science is settled then we should be applying leaches to cure Covid-19.

https://www.sott.net/article/455739-Can-consciousness-be-explained-by-Quantum-Physics
That is again another interesting article, but it describes photons through an artificial fractal and says "brains might be governed by quantum processes, we can't measure this. Fractals are common in nature including our bodies, maybe or brain functions like a quantum fractal, we don't know if those are even real. Here's an experiment about photons and electrons in an artificial quantum fractal, if our brains even have quantum fractals it might work like this."
Interesting, but do you see this as evidence? I see it as people testing new ideas for sure, but I don't see anything but major supposition to relate it back to quantum consciousness.
@RickN, yes science is always expanding, yes we don't know everything, yes there are many "unknown unknowns". That doesn't preclude most of science as being settled and the stuff that we know we don't know is trumpeted so people can work on it. Dark matter is a perfect example. We observe that at the rate galaxies spin, the amount of normal stuff in the galaxy producing gravity isn't nearly enough to keep the stars in the galaxy from being thrown into space like a kid off a merry go round. But they don't (usually) get flung into interstellar space, they stay bound by something we can't see with light at any point in the spectrum. But when we look at the galaxy, the amount of curvature of the spacetime around the galaxy again points to there being way more gravity than the matter we can see. So what we know is there is something that interacts with gravity that doesn't interact with light. To this point, the only thing we know of that causes gravity is regular matter. So we call it *dark* (doesn't interact with light) *matter* (stuff that makes gravity) and it's widely known that there is no good answer for what it is.
I give that example because no one is trying to claim that science knows everything, but there is a ton we do know and any correct answer has to explain all the stuff we already know and observe. Sure electricity could do something new, in fact making it do new stuff faster with less resistance is a huge area of research, but that doesn't mean that the science isn't settled on V=IR or F=MA. It's not all or nothing. We can be certain that a tree is tree, we can know it's type and that it's made of wood and what kind of fruit it will bear even if it's branches are still growing and we don't know what shape they'll be. Both of you, please forgive me if I sound like a dick, I'm not trying to. I have "resting-*****-face" but with words.

Latest posts

Top Bottom