My moon child sister in law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. There is much that science can't prove either.

On the other hand, scientists and atheists have agreed that the universe came from a "big bang," meaning everything created from nothing.

And that is probably one of the greatest miracles of all time.

So, why not believe in a God that could do that?
I almost hate to enter this conversation, but it didn't come from nothing. The current theory is that it was the primordial black hole, that released its energy, to form the current universe.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. When I charge my phone, the angry pixies in that weird thing plugged into the wall magically restores my battery. It's a miracle!

Now, if you were paying attention, I was the first to say that as long as she wasn't harming anyone then she can do whatever she is happy with. I was also the person to say don't post the poor girls pic. So don't try to throw me out as the bad guy.

The issue seems to be that you are all butthurt that I used the term worship and ritual based on her belief in the supernatural, but whatever. And as far your examples as to what is a religious ritual and what is not, I don't ascribe supernatural phenomenon to tangible things like electricity, tools, or street crime. I don't carry a gun on hoping that it is going to somehow provide an aura of mystical protection through some unknown metaphysical entity. My phone doesn't charge through faith and belief in some unknown power.

So, you wanna try again?
wow!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who cares what she believes?

As long as she does right by those she deals with, she's good to go.

If having pretty rocks make her feel better, so bit. Praying makes some folks feel better, some don't get it until their hands are up in the air, feeling some sort of power. The mental gymnastics we do to feel "protected" are quite impressive sometimes.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost hate to enter this conversation, but it didn't come from nothing. The current theory is that it was the primordial black hole, that released its energy, to form the current universe.

Perhaps, but some scientists and atheists that are not wanting to attribute anything to God seem to always come up with another theory, such as the "multiverse" theory.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your comments remind me of a wise old saying: "lack of evidence does not prove lack of existence. And lack of existence does not prove lack of evidence"

I didn't think I said it was evidence, but merely that the presence of a God capable of miraculous things just might be the a better explanation than all the other theories.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps, but some scientists and atheists that are not wanting to attribute anything to God seem to always come up with another theory, such as the "multiverse" theory.

And anything that can't be explained is "God's handywork".

If God chooses to let 2 month old babies get molested, it's on the Devil.

If 2 month old recovers from an injury, it's God.

Whatever.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of this religious diversity reminds me of the movie The Mummy.

One of the supporting characters had symbols and was praying to gods of different beliefs whenever the shooting started. He said he wasn’t taking any chances.

Your belief comes from inside you. Believe what you want as long as it doesn’t harm others.

The problems start when you try to force that belief on others and change their way of life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom