My name is George, and I’m an @$$hole...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was able to get away this morning in time to hit Cabelas when they opened. All I was really wanting was a pound of pistol powder and a few other things that are not in short supply.

The doors opened and I entered behind about 20 neckbeards wearing masks that made them look like bikini models from the 70’s. I made my way to the reloading supplies to find no powder, no primers and limited bullets. I grabbed my other stuff and walked by as a stocker was putting some powder out. Some jack wagon was standing there with his cart and literally slid his arm along the shelf and pushed all the pistol powder into his cart. I commented that the only thing I came for was one pound of that powder. He happily proclaimed, “I don’t reload and don’t really even shoot. I’m just buying this to resell and double my money, and if I can find primers, I can triple my money.” :censored: He then had the nerve to ask me if that was good powder because he knows nothing about it and only grabbed it because it said “pistol” on the jug.
:angry3:

I politely said, “Yah. That’s my go to powder and you can load just about every pistol caliber with it.” Then, this is where my assholeness kicks in, I pointed at about 5-6 jugs of shotgun powder and said, “I can’t believe they have THAT on the shelf. No one has been able to find that for a while.” I forget what it was but I know I’ve seen it most everywhere. He said, ”REALLY?!” And quickly threw all of that in his cart too.

I know that deal won’t break him, but I hope he has to sit on that shotgun powder for a while.

And I found my pound of powder someplace else, so I’m good anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom