My new 41 gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are absolutely revolvers chambered in 41 Special. It is a "wildcat" cartridge, but they do exist.
I would love to be able to afford one.

They are all customs, made from various other guns. Almost all the bespoke revolver makers will put you in line for one.
GP100s are re-barreled, and the cylinder rebored.
Same with Blackhawks.

Some will get custom cylinders fit to existing .41 Mag revolvers, S&W or whatever.

Freedom Arms will build a new one.

Come to that, I may sell off some to get one made.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are absolutely revolvers chambered in 41 Special. It is a "wildcat" cartridge, but they do exist.

They are all customs, made from various other guns. Almost all the bespoke revolver makers will put you in line for one.
Same with Blackhawks.

Some will get custom cylinders fit to existing .41 Mag revolvers, S&W or whatever.

Yes and there are revolvers chambered in all kinds of one off calibers. Still do not understand what advantage loading brass in a 41 mag does. If there were commercially loaded 41 special you could buy at walmart I could see it. It seems akin to taking a 44 magnum and loading 44 special loads into 44 russian brass. What's the point?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes and there are revolvers chambered in all kinds of one off calibers. Still do not understand what advantage loading brass in a 41 mag does. If there were commercially loaded 41 special you could buy at walmart I could see it. It seems akin to taking a 44 magnum and loading 44 special loads into 44 russian brass. What's the point?

Never mind.

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Theres only

Same with Blackhawks.

I didn't know that about Freedom Arms, I was considering getting a GP100 converted but a Freedom Arms is really appealing.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been loading a .41 Mag "light" for a long time. Call it a special if you want. I mark the cases for I.D. but short brass would make recognition that much quicker.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the 41 came out in 1964, it was intended primarily for police, but it proved too hot for most LEO's to handle so the ammo companies put out a reduced load for them, but it never really caught on. The reduced load was commonly called the '41 Police', but it used the same brass as the full-charge load. If I am not mistaken the Magnum load is the only one available now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom