My new carry gun arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1374.JPG
Finally got the kimber k6s DC 357 mag today. So far I like holding it and I like the feel of it pressed against my hip when it's tucked in my waistline. I've been carrying a full size 1911 for a while so this is definitely an improvement as far as comfort. I have carried the shield that I won (some of y'all know how that happened) and I like how thin and concealable it is. This k6s was already ordered when I got the call about winning a m&p shield. Not sure what I will do with the shield now. It doesn't eat. Maybe give it to the daughters. I'm not really a 9mm guy. I ordered the DC (deep cover) cuz I figured it would be a lil more unnoticed if jacket comes up or whatever. Not that I worry bout someone knowing necessarily but the fewer people that know I'm carrying the better as far as I care. Anyhow, this is DLC (diamond like coating) coated from what I read. It's suppose to be more scratch resistant. Not sure bout that cuz it hasn't taken many rotations to get a cylinder lock line. Also have the night sights so I can really see the sights well when I'm wanting to make a precise shot on one of those crafty nighttime perps.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very easy to "stage" the trigger. Trigger doesn't "stack". Pull is a little longer than I'd like after stage but it's not horrible. I definitely like the triggers cycle compared to my wife's Airweight.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never held one, however that gun looks awesome! It looks like a great carry gun. What does it feel like when shooting .357?

Can't tell you for sure yet as I haven't shot it. Im sure it will be manageable for me. I can't say it will be for everyone cuz I've noticed we are all different for some reason. I shoot lots of 44mag so I'm kinda used to recoil. Now, my 44s ain't snubbies but they are pretty stout with 300gn bullets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom