My new fishing vehicle got paint today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plantar fasciitis ... both feet even but the right one is HORRIBLE ... Doc says if I'm not better in a month she's gonna give me some kind of injections in the bottom of my foot. :shocked: NO THANK YOU ... I'm doing EXACTLY what she's told me to do ... :lookaroun

Tore my right Fasciitis one in two. Years later have had the alcohol injections done in both feet. Do what they say, wear the brace and take it easy.

Swamprat, I am still needing to bring some lead and a propane tank to see you and get a lesson. And now to check the car out!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife had the injection and said it hurt worse than anything.. never again.
She got a stretch band and must move top of toes back towards shin..kind of stretches..correct shoes.
No crocks or barefootin'
I put an inline dryer filter from an automotive application in my regulated air hose a couple years ago.. this is the first time I painted with it in there.
OH the HORROR!

I could lay about 12" of paint and all air volume was gone and it would sputter paint.
It was too late to repair it or remove it..So got a lot of orange peel.
Was only able to lay 2 coats before the pesky gnats got up and around and decided to land on my paint.
I was just sticking on coat 3 and was dedicated to the 3rd coat..

I wanted to do 4 and make it lay down with extra thinner in that coat.. too many gnats..

10 days i will hit it with 1500grit and see what it looks like.
And possibly lay another good coat.

I have a propane tank and cooker now MRGlock. Just bring lead, and have some fun.
So 264Magnum Stalker
Or Observer i would say...If the garage door is open and you drive by stop on in for a chat.

Yesterday the wife got home and approves of the color. May slap on some shocks a buddy gave me today and raise the rear a bit with a spring tweak. Good morning OSA

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got my fill hose back from a buddy to fill my own propane tanks, got a couple extras, so don't want to use up your gas. It is cooling off to do some learning now! You don't like the paint, then Camo that bad boy car!! Sending you a PM.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a propane tank and cooker now MRGlock. Just bring lead, and have some fun.
So 264Magnum Stalker
Or Observer i would say...If the garage door is open and you drive by stop on in for a chat.
I was only in town for a couple days during my vacation, I'm back at work in Pryor now. I confirmed it was your place when I was heading out of the neighborhood to the turnpike.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take it that it already had paint on it.
Next time come see me if you get a chance..Will probably be driving it in a few days.
Need to see how far it will leave 2 black marks.
This time it will not be oil and trans fluid :)

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I take it that it already had paint on it.
Next time come see me if you get a chance..Will probably be driving it in a few days.
Need to see how far it will leave 2 black marks.
This time it will not be oil and trans fluid :)

So just what engine are you going back with? Leaving the two speed in it? Details dude, details!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2 speed was pouring fluid and if you ever pulled one of those you would dread sticking it back in.
The engine was set much too far back to make getting the transmission bolts out easy.

So i stuck a TH350 in it that i built and installed a shift kit and other mods to increase fluid capacity in 3rd.
I took a virgin 350 and installed standard bore flat tops with molly rings clevite bearings on standard crank with melling select oil pump with bolt on pickup tube 10% over stock volume.
True roller USA made timing chain set. Willhoites cams built the [email protected] cam and stuck it on a 112 ls.
It is a flat tappet hydraulic.
Ported 601 casting 305 heads with small chambers That i ported..Ported ex manifolds and duals with thrush turbo mufflers.
Stock Qjet intake and edelbrock 600 carb ..will later have a 750 Qjet. Once i finish building it.

Compression is exactly 10.87 cranking pressure is 210-215 psi..battery was weak and was barely able to check 2 holes.

I expected more cranking pressure but the cam was put on a 112 and this closes the intake valve a bit later in the cycle, and bleeds off a little cylinder pressure.

I was thinking during building it i would have 10.97 compression and 225 psi .. But a couple numbers off.

I recurved the distributor also 18 initial and 37 total for now..
Once i get to driving it i can play with the tune a lot more and then off to see MoBoost to see if it will break 200 wheel HP on his unforgiving dyno :)

How is that Mr.Glock
I know i left a few things out.
Like Home made serpentine set up using GM and ford pulleys with some weld and fab to make it happen.
Got tired of tossing the crappy flimsy V belts they pawn off on us today.
57 int 009.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom