my new glock 27 trigger feels like a staplegun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i have a glock 27 and i cant help but jerk the thing when it brakes. i thought it was me but after dry firing it a bunch i started realizing it. i got a couple other guns and there is a noticeable jump or jerk right when the gun starts break once i hit the "wall" and start to break thru. its almost like a slight delay before it finally snaps and breaks. takeup to the wall feels kinda gritty or spongy but it is that wall i hit that feels god aweful. i tested this with other handguns i have and i dont jerk them at all dry firing and its like it only happens when the trigger finally breaks and the firing pin is released that it jumps or jerks on me. almost like i twitch on the release right before it snaps and actually does break. like i said there is some really slight delay but it is noticeable. feels like a mushy wet carrot slowly cracking in half.

if anyone has any experience or ideas on how i could fix this? i have installed a glock trigger before but i dont know alot about it, just the basis i guess. i had a bad experience with a polymer 80 and a live round getting stuck in a chamber w/ this aftermarket trigger once - different gun. but i am kinda hesitant to install any kind of aftermarket parts but then again that was some stupid adjustable trigger you had to use allen keys on and it just seemed sketchy. i know not all aftermarket glock triggers are like that.

honestly, if anyone knew a good gunsmith around okc that does really good work id almost consider just having someone work some magic on this thing because man this damn trigger feels like a staplegun. hard enough getting ammo and trying to sight it in which i still need to do, but the occasional flyer bullets being thrown because of the trigger break is something i need to take care of asap. yeah i know, i just need to break it in more, that and practice practice practice, but im telling you guys i really think this trigger could be improved. something about it feels off the way it snaps and breaks. that other aftermarket trigger on this polymer 80 frame i installed i am not using (and do not feel comfortable using) feels so much cleaner just dry firing it i dont notice the trigger break- twitch jerk i have as much from tearing down the wall.

i guess not all factory glock triggers are made the same, i should have dry fired this one a few times before i bought it because its awful. i dunno, maybe its one of those things that will beak in i will have to live with and get used to. i got a .22lr slide i am thinking about throwing on it and putting alot of cheap ammo downrange to get used to it.

Last edited:

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't worked on Glocks for years, but when I did they had two different pull weights and they are interchangeable. I was at one time a Glock trained Armorer. When my agency went to Glocks they specified the heavier New York trigger. Gawd awefull thing it is was. Heavy hard, but we were being dragged kicking and screaming from double action revolver to semi auto pistol. Could your gun have a New York trigger ?

One feature of the New York trigger was it seemed to have excessive over travel, that is the motion of the trigger after the sear releases. It seemed to jump when the sear released..

I think there are a couple of different Glock triggers now and I believe and a number after market triggers are around also.

Because of my long history of Glock carry at work , I carry still carry a Glock as my defensive gun. When I order them from Glock I always get the 5 lb trigger. Pulls are consistent from gun to gun.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned A BUNCH of Glocks but never one newer than Gen 3, and I’ve never had a factory trigger pull I could live with. I’m not a Glock armorer, but I’ve put together several from parts. If you can tie your shoes, you should be able to change out a trigger connector on a Glock. I like Ghost 3.5# connectors the best.:thumb:

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ill try the 25 cent job when i get home from work in a couple weeks. i feel like i became a pro at polishing. i even jeweled a bolt carrier about as good as some factory gunsmith stuff i have seen on some bolt actions. wont take alot for something like a glock, little bit goes a long way, just need to get it mirror'd smooth in the right spots and not overdo it and remove to much material, its a polishing job not re profiling..........

ill let you guys know how it goes, im sure if im not happy with it ill be griping about it again and ask what parts to order to make the trigger feel a bit nicer :hithead:

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ill try the 25 cent job when i get home from work in a couple weeks. i feel like i became a pro at polishing. i even jeweled a bolt carrier about as good as some factory gunsmith stuff i have seen on some bolt actions. wont take alot for something like a glock, little bit goes a long way, just need to get it mirror'd smooth in the right spots and not overdo it and remove to much material, its a polishing job not re profiling..........

ill let you guys know how it goes, im sure if im not happy with it ill be griping about it again and ask what parts to order to make the trigger feel a bit nicer :hithead:
Spdguns

Latest posts

Top Bottom