My new gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One really good sound insulation is that hard backed insulation We called it duct board it was yellow fiberglass on one side and aluminum on the other.
I did HVAC for my dad's business and others .

We had this 20 foot long duck that was 24" x 24" insulated inside with the yellow side showing into the inside.
You could yell into one end and the guy standing at the other end could hear it but it was not loud.

I worked at FAA and they had a sound room where they tested devices. It had egg crate foam .. but this was off the wall stuff with the protrusions like 10" long.
It was enclosed in a room and you could shut the door and the person inside could yell as loud as he could and outside NOTHING!.
Not a peep..You could bang hammers or boards together ,, not a peep.
My cousin has a recoding studio he made himself in his house. It has some kind of egg crate stuff but it does the same thing. I can get in the booth and you cannot hear me on the outside. Good stuff. And he didn't pay much for it either.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a buddy that Just last year had one parked on their family deer lease. They keep 4 wheelers and other equipment in there when not in use so they can lock it down and not have to transport back and forth. The set up cots and etc to camp in the first week of the season. Pretty neat actually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom