My new rifle configuration:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now that everything has officially shipped, I will list it all out here and invite discussion. Some folks wanted me to put it all together. Still will need threading, chambering, assembly and mating by my smith.

ACTION:
Defiance Deviant Tactical

Deviant-Tactical_D5476_angle-1018x1024.jpg

(stock photo)

Remington 700 long action
Stainless nitrided action and fluted bolt
.535 bolt magnum bolt face
Integral 20MOA rail

TRIGGER:
TriggerTech Diamond Rem 700 trigger

20200121_164111-X2.jpg

Pro curved trigger (black)
"Frictionless trigger"
Single stage
Pull weight - adjustable from 4oz to 32oz.

BARREL:
Bartlein

20200114_174323-L.jpg

6.5mm/.264 5R 1:7.5 twist
#12 Heavy Palma contour
31" blank (likely 28" finished?)
This is being sent off for spiral fluting. It has been Duracoated black, then the flutes will stand out silver.

MUZZLE DEVICE:
YHM .30 cal qd mount for my suppressor. I'll coat this, to match the barrel.

20200129_191941-X3.jpg

CHASSIS:
2 choices here. Haven't decided yet which I like... I'll probably wait to put everything together and see how they feel, then sell off the other.

1. MPA BA Competition chassis (currently black, may be changed)

20200201_122819-L.jpg

2. Cadex Defense Field Tactical (currenty FDE, may be changed)

20200201_135152-X2.jpg

So my thought is that the chassis may end up in a silver or metallic pewter color. I think this would be sweet with the black nitrided action/bolt and the black barrel with silver spiral flutes.

CHAMBERING:
6.5 PRC

For those who aren't familiar, this is a new(ish) round you can think of as a magnum version of the 6.5 Creedmoor. The flat shooting and high BC 6.5 projectiles, can get a coupla hundred FPS more, especially in this longer barrel with some slow-burning powder. 3k+ is easily doable. 1200m is easy, 1500m to 1 mile definitely doable.

BRASS:
Gunwerks by ADG

20200127_192330-L.jpg

PROJECTILES:
Hornady 147-grain ELD-M

20200131_123523-L.jpg

Going to be handloading with an arbor press and L.E. Wilson seater dies. Initial load will be worked up probably with Alliant Reloder 26 powder, or perhaps Hodgdon H1000.

The optic I've chosen is the Arken EP4 6-24x50. This is on order and will be 6 weeks or so. I have a basic 4-12 Vortex I can throw on there to get me onto paper and out to a good distance, but is just a temporary solution. I looked long and hard into many optics in the $1000-2500 range and just decided I wasn't going to throw that kind of money into optics based on a million internet opinions. I'll start with something more basic and with experience and training should have an opportunity to evaluate some others out there and decide more what I need and I might be willing to spend an arm and a leg on later.

So that's my plan, as of now.

I'm open to comments, criticism, thoughts, etc. This should be done and ready to shoot inside a month. Action is shipped, now the barrel is going to be my limiting factor, it is being shipped off for fluting next week. Hopefully it will be back in a couple of weeks and will take no more than another couple for everything to be completed.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like your going to have a very nice rig once its all done. You might as well start loading up them bullets. I don't get why gunwerks sells their brass in those bags. The case mouths get all banged up. You might check out going with ADG next time they come in orange ammo box from them with foam in the top. Plus you shop around you can probably save some coin if that matters to you.

What press are you using?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunsmith is Ryan Shea out of Skiatook.

I'll be using a K&M arbor press. I wanted to go with ADG for the brass, but they were out and I just wanted to get some on order. Prolly go direct with ADG next time.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can’t wait to see it! I like both chassis but with your barrel color I would go with the black one. This thing will be a tack driver I guarantee. Have you looked into primary arms premium scopes? They have some very nice ones.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might check out creedmore sports. I saw they have been adding ADG. The don't collect ok tax and shipping is flat rate. Their prices are pretty good on some stuff. Also around holidays they normally will have free ship or 10% off.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The million dolla question, are you gonna neck size, or full-length size? I’m sure you’ve been study like crazy on everything involved with that rig and just wanted to send you off on another search if you haven’t already. Lol