My new Ruger American Ranch 7.62x39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice shooting gun and store ammo too boot.
I have had a hatred for the 7.62x39 round for many years after owning an SKS and hunting with it.
Was not accurate at all. Store ammo.

I guess i should have hated the gun and not the round.
I did hate the gun though.

I may need to rethink some things now.

The way you figured your drop with large cardboard is the way i do it.
No arguing with that system.

I use my mil dots though and do not have to adjust elevation on the scope.
It works quicker for me but better make sure you are not holding the gun canted with the mil dot method or you will be way off.

Kudos on all your videos every one is fun to watch and very informative.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea I wish I had another mildot or bdc scope to put on this gun, but without buying another one, that's what I had available. Depending on the situation when Im out hunting, if I have time Ill adjust the scope, but if not Ill just go with the good'ol Kentucky windage system.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shooting gun and store ammo too boot.
I have had a hatred for the 7.62x39 round for many years after owning an SKS and hunting with it.
Was not accurate at all. Store ammo.

I guess i should have hated the gun and not the round.
I did hate the gun though.

I may need to rethink some things now.

The way you figured your drop with large cardboard is the way i do it.
No arguing with that system.

I use my mil dots though and do not have to adjust elevation on the scope.
It works quicker for me but better make sure you are not holding the gun canted with the mil dot method or you will be way off.

Kudos on all your videos every one is fun to watch and very informative.

Ive hated that round and gun for years also but now days you can buy actual good ammo for it. And reload good ammo. It kinda changes thing being able to shoot something besides that old crap we had to choose from 25 years ago.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It kinda changes thing being able to shoot something besides that old crap we had to choose from 25 years ago.
Agreed, 7.62 x 39 was a round I always stayed away from as the "enemy" used it in their weapons. But now that there are so many different guns available out there in this caliber not considering one could be "cutting your nose off despite your face". The Ruger American and the CZ carbine are pretty impressive little guns!

Latest posts

Top Bottom