My New (to me) Kimber Micro Carry .380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Measurement wise, you are correct....but put both in your pocket and suddenly the 9mm counterpart feels HUGE. I have two friends with a P938 and they just do not pocket nearly as well as my P238.

This is one of the reasons I have pretty much decided to not get the Micro 9 and just stay with the Kimber Micro .380, for the pocket. The other reason I probably won't get a Micro 9 is...Glock 43. My G43 is just an awesome, very concealable pistol any way I carry it, besides the pocket. I see no advantage to the Micro 9 over the G43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put another 100 rounds through the Kimber Micro. She sure is a nice shooting little pistol. I am still surprised at the accuracy of this small gun.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put another 100 rounds through the Kimber Micro. She sure is a nice shooting little pistol. I am still surprised at the accuracy of this small gun.

I'm gonna have to track you down and give that thing a try -- if you don't mind. Any particular ammo it prefers? If you don't mind me shooting it, that is ... :teehee:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to track you down and give that thing a try -- if you don't mind. Any particular ammo it prefers? If you don't mind me shooting it, that is ... :teehee:

Of course you can shoot it! It hasn't choked on any ammo yet, I just feed it whatever 95-100 gr FMJ Academy has on sale. Since I retired a few years back, my days are pretty much mine to do as I like. So, after you have recovered a bit more, gimme a shout and we'll trot ourselves on down to the range and bus' some caps.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kk!I'll do it! I have an appointment Thursday and expect to get PT orders then. If I do, he'll let me start shooting .22s. The only problem I've had is some kinda nasty swelling in my throat (inside, like damn I can't breathe kinda swelling) but that has been better today, so I'm hoping I'm over that hump.

Been walking since the day after surgery (except for that one day I couldn't breathe and got to go visit the nice doctor in ER) and been doing fine. It's my understanding that "weight bearing" exercises like walking help stimulate bone growth. I can't help but think that the light percussion of a .22 would simulate the same response. Keep your fingers crossed for me! I'm so outta practice you might actually out shoot me this time! :hey3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom