My Oops Moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having driven my better half from Kansas where we visited her mother, I was on the last legs of the drive home, and decided to stop at the store for something quick and easy to fix. I went into the grocery store to get some pizza rolls and while I was looking for them, a man and his wife passed me. He asked me if it was a 357. I said yes, that it was a S&W 681. My thought was that the muzzle was showing under the hem of my vest, and thought nothing of it for a few seconds. After reaching back to see how far I needed to pull my pants up, I found that the vest had ridden up and the entire gun was visible. I covered the revolver, got the pizza rolls and was paying for them when the local sheriff walked in to get something. As far as I know, he never knew of my visible handgun.

Just a reminder to make sure your gun is concealed when you get out of your car. Thankfully, my sheriff is very pro-gun, and he told me previously that he wished more people would carry.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amen brother, go in peace.

I have been watching people checking for new telltale signs of concealed carry. So far, I have spotted 6 obvious ones in Wallyworld.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Open carry is legal so you will not get in trouble even if the Sheriff does see it!! Strap on that Hog leg and let folks know you mean business Good Sir!!:mosh::cool:
Wasn't afraid of getting in trouble; it's just that I prefer concealed. Both my current sheriff and his predecessor are very pro-gun.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm disappointed that you didn't take the precautionary steps to make sure concealed is concealed since you say you prefer that method.

I'm always concious of the visibility or lack thereof on my carry weapon. My wife has several times asked if I had it on me when we go to shady areas because she didn't know if I did or not. I choose my clothes appropriately and keep track of their positions.
It's a responsibility everyone should have. Just like making sure things are not accessible to children.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm disappointed that you didn't take the precautionary steps to make sure concealed is concealed since you say you prefer that method.

I'm always concious of the visibility or lack thereof on my carry weapon. My wife has several times asked if I had it on me when we go to shady areas because she didn't know if I did or not. I choose my clothes appropriately and keep track of their positions.
It's a responsibility everyone should have. Just like making sure things are not accessible to children.
Wow. It's such an honor to share a forum with someone that's never made a mistake...
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom