My Oops Moment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why no Lengua? Its most tender an suculant. Get past the idea of its origin and chow down.

Tried it, but I just prefer carne asada and al pastor.
cow tongue 2.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, I grew up eating it as a ground beef spread with mayo n relish like a tuna spread. Mom always made it. Other than shelling like boiled dirty socks when she cooked it, I think it tastes pretty good.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, I grew up eating it as a ground beef spread with mayo n relish like a tuna spread. Mom always made it. Other than shelling like boiled dirty socks when she cooked it, I think it tastes pretty good.
But I like calf nuts too so...n raw oysters.

Elm Creek Smith

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several years back, I was on my way to a SASS shoot and needed some cash. I walked into a QT without thinking to use the ATM. I heard a small voice say VERY LOUDLY, "Look papa! A tauwboy!" I turned around and everybody in the place was staring at me with my big hat, vest, canvas pants, boots, spurs, and two 5½ inch Pietta 1858 Remington revolvers in Mexican loop holsters on a wide Oklahoma Leather gun belt. "Papa" was embarrassed, but I squatted down in front of the little fellow and said, "That's right, partner. Do you want to be a cowboy?" With him grinning and nodding, I pulled a spare bandanna out of my vest pocket and tied it looks around his neck like mine. "Now you're a cowboy, too!" While he was showing his papa that he, too, was a.cowboy, I got my money and vamoosed. The screwy thing is that I was perfectly legal open carrying cap and ball revolvers.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several years back, I was on my way to a SASS shoot and needed some cash. I walked into a QT without thinking to use the ATM. I heard a small voice say VERY LOUDLY, "Look papa! A tauwboy!" I turned around and everybody in the place was staring at me with my big hat, vest, canvas pants, boots, spurs, and two 5½ inch Pietta 1858 Remington revolvers in Mexican loop holsters on a wide Oklahoma Leather gun belt. "Papa" was embarrassed, but I squatted down in front of the little fellow and said, "That's right, partner. Do you want to be a cowboy?" With him grinning and nodding, I pulled a spare bandanna out of my vest pocket and tied it looks around his neck like mine. "Now you're a cowboy, too!" While he was showing his papa that he, too, was a.cowboy, I got my money and vamoosed. The screwy thing is that I was perfectly legal open carrying cap and ball revolvers.

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
I'm sure you made his year!

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see both sides of the discussion.

Concealed _element of surprise
OC, you let others know you are there.

I have many times been approached when open carry by people that are seeking knowledge or direction so I see value in that as well. If I am going somewhere that I feel I need the element of surprise than I pull my shirt over it and carry on.

Again I see both opinions as valid, no right or wrong here. Situation dictates method for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom