My poor doggo is at the vet. She's sick. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She's back, seems no worse for the wear.

And yes, @THAT Gurl, you're right, she has become an integral part of the family. I will admit a soft spot for her. Animals are still animals, and my cats can go jump in a creek (in a burlap sack!) for all I care, but Jayde is my baby, now. <sigh> I've become 'one of those' people, apparently. lol

I'm so glad to see her feeling that good! I hope all is well from now on. I could have easily bought that pistol I've been wanting for what I spent at the vet this summer, but I'd rather have the dog if I had to choose.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like she is feeling good. My shorthair pointer ate a half box rat poisoning last Thursday. Gave him a cup of salt down his throat and made him swallow, took a minute and he barfed what looked like more than he ate. Took to vet and they did their stuff. He has made it through so far and is doing good.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like she is feeling good. My shorthair pointer ate a half box rat poisoning last Thursday. Gave him a cup of salt down his throat and made him swallow, took a minute and he barfed what looked like more than he ate. Took to vet and they did their stuff. He has made it through so far and is doing good.

Wow! That is crazy, I don't know if I could manage to get salt down Jayde's throat. lol Glad he's better.

We're going to have to take her back next week sometime to do bloodwork, although... when my son showed me the "mushroom" he thought she ate, it didn't look like it to me. It was hard and brown and felt like tree bark. Sure enough, I dug some up with a shovel and it was actually roots from a tree up the hill that had broken the surface and gotten all 'warty' and stuff. So it was more tree bark than anything, and I don't think she would actually eat that. My son is just totally freaked out by fungus, so he jumped to that as thinking it made her sick. I don't think it had anything to do with it.

It's probably just added stress of all of us being stuck at home in the house all day and night. We do yell at each other a lot, like constantly bickering/teasing in a good-natured way, we make fun of each other constantly and it's a very sarcastic household. So maybe that has been causing her more stress - she's usually just at home with Mommy alone during the day. I know dogs can be sensitive to that and some dogs pass blood from stress. I think back now and her acting funny this morning and not coming in to our room when she hears us get up looking for her morning belly rubs may have just been her being nervous she was going to be in trouble because she had messed on the carpet in the night. She's pretty sensitive if she thinks she's gonna be in trouble for something, as she doesn't get in trouble very often.

Anyways, she seems pretty right as rain now, so we'll do the Flagyl and wet food for a day or three and see if her tummy settles down enough to go back to the dry food.

I don't want to do 'special' food or any of that stuff in the future, at least not long term. We (and our vets, a husband/wife team) both think a simple high quality dry food like Science Diet are fine for her nutritionally... she is just picky about flavor, I think.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow! That is crazy, I don't know if I could manage to get salt down Jayde's throat. lol Glad he's better.

We're going to have to take her back next week sometime to do bloodwork, although... when my son showed me the "mushroom" he thought she ate, it didn't look like it to me. It was hard and brown and felt like tree bark. Sure enough, I dug some up with a shovel and it was actually roots from a tree up the hill that had broken the surface and gotten all 'warty' and stuff. So it was more tree bark than anything, and I don't think she would actually eat that. My son is just totally freaked out by fungus, so he jumped to that as thinking it made her sick. I don't think it had anything to do with it.

It's probably just added stress of all of us being stuck at home in the house all day and night. We do yell at each other a lot, like constantly bickering/teasing in a good-natured way, we make fun of each other constantly and it's a very sarcastic household. So maybe that has been causing her more stress - she's usually just at home with Mommy alone during the day. I know dogs can be sensitive to that and some dogs pass blood from stress. I think back now and her acting funny this morning and not coming in to our room when she hears us get up looking for her morning belly rubs may have just been her being nervous she was going to be in trouble because she had messed on the carpet in the night. She's pretty sensitive if she thinks she's gonna be in trouble for something, as she doesn't get in trouble very often.

Anyways, she seems pretty right as rain now, so we'll do the Flagyl and wet food for a day or three and see if her tummy settles down enough to go back to the dry food.

I don't want to do 'special' food or any of that stuff in the future, at least not long term. We (and our vets, a husband/wife team) both think a simple high quality dry food like Science Diet are fine for her nutritionally... she is just picky about flavor, I think.

You know, I think you are onto something with the stress thing. Nero is CRAZY sensitive. Grumpy comes thru that front door ... Well ... Grumpy ... EVERY. DAMN. DAY. And EVERY. DAMN. DAY. Nero acts like he's gonna be beat like a redheaded stepchild. It's INSANE. They both make me twitch! ;)

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad she is ok my GSD is a mess but the sweetest boy you can imagine. They tug at your heart. My lab been in the collar of shame for 3 weeks with an eye infection dosnt back up when he encounters an obstacle just powered through it

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom