my reloads burn dirty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buzz is correct, TG burns hot. I really like TG in JHP loads or loads with an encapsulated base, because it's really stable and gives great accuracy across a broad range of loads, especially in 9mm.

I've seen Titegroup cause lead bullets to tumble at about 10 yards from two different guns and one of them had two different barrels. A G17 with factory barrel and an aftermarket target barrel and a M&P 9 that had long since been proven good and just immediately tumbled with a new Titegroup load. What fixed it? WST. No other component or parameter was changed. This was with 147TC lead bullets.

For everything except max velocity in straight walled auto pistol cartridges, it really is the bee's knees! :)

Just watch the temp sensitivity if you play close to the PF edge. Otherwise it really has no negatives. I'm loading Alliant e3 but have several pounds of WST as backup.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it cracks me up when powder manufacturers come out with a "new cleaner burning powder" they all seem to be dirtier that factory loads except some of the steel cased loads like Tula.

Latest posts

Top Bottom