My rusty pawn shop find

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a Puma, not marked, though. Wet sanded on it, used some rust removing gel, took all the way to 2000 grit. Got somewhat of a mirror finish, on the flats. Should have took a “before” pic, didn’t think about it. Would like to get a sheath for it. My leather crafting only extends to riveted axe masks and machete sheaths. Not willing to dive deep enough to learn stitching. My first choice would be a horizontal carry (scout) kydex scabbard.

Did you test the handle material?

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this Puma Bowie II at the same pawn shop. This model is in much better shape, the serial number stamped into the blade is on the back of the sheath too. A nice feature I appreciate.
that is a newer puma sheath a lot newer than the knife but correct though

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks like the Stag Skinner, and a factory sheath should be easy to find on eBay. However, I bet you could get someone to do you a custom kydex for horizontal carry.

I’ve wanted a Puma Hunters Pal or White Hunter for a long time but would never spend the money.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this Puma Bowie II at the same pawn shop. This model is in much better shape, the serial number stamped into the blade is on the back of the sheath too. A nice feature I appreciate.
you can buy sheath direct from puma if you want.. the second one is a good knife w german blade but assembled elswhere .

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like the Stag Skinner, and a factory sheath should be easy to find on eBay. However, I bet you could get someone to do you a custom kydex for horizontal carry.

I’ve wanted a Puma Hunters Pal or White Hunter for a long time but would never spend the money.
Have had a bunch of Hunters Pal and Companion if i come across a good one ill message you!

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can buy sheath direct from puma if you want.. the second one is a good knife w german blade but assembled elswhere .
Found the replacement sheaths on Pumas’ site. Thanks guys. I read their SGB line of knives are made with German sourced materials, assembled in “Asia”, for less cost. Taiwan, maybe? Cold Steel contracted out their concepts to the free Chinese, I read. Boy o boy, did I see some models Puma makes that I want.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found the replacement sheaths on Pumas’ site. Thanks guys. I read their SGB line of knives are made with German sourced materials, assembled in “Asia”, for less cost. Taiwan, maybe? Cold Steel contracted out their concepts to the free Chinese, I read. Boy o boy, did I see some models Puma makes that I want.
The SGB and I think some are made in Spain unless they quit that are very good solid knives just the scale fir up is not quite a perfect as the German ones but your getting the German blade so still fine knives.!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom