My saving grace...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that each person's reactions to diet drinks is subject to one's own body. I have been drinking Diet Dr. Pepper for years, although the last few has seen more Gatorade and less Dr. Pepper.

I have annual exams and lab tests and my different doctors have neve said I was having problems. In fact, my lab tests almost always show me to be "in the good."

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many thanks to everybody's comments and words of encouragement. :bighug:

Being the carnivore that I am, I haven't found this "way of life" (I refuse to call it a 'diet') as lacking in most things I love. I do miss mac & cheese and ice cream and fries, but I can live without them. Like I said in my opening post, discovering the Mt. Dew Zero has helped tremendously. I've always been a big water drinker, about a gallon or so a day (+/-) sometimes more in the dawg days of summer.

When I left the hospital last Tuesday, I weighed 483 pounds. :faint: My goal is 375 pounds by the end of this year. According to an app I found, I should achieve that goal by March of 2022. That's with 30g carbs, 136g protein and 228g fat daily. I'm hoping I can improve on those numbers. As of right now the majority of my carbs come from an 8oz glass of 2% milk I have every day. I'm doing my level best to stay away from anything other than the trifecta of meat, cheese and eggs. I've resisted candy all week long or anything sweet for that matter. I did have a small handful of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips today, worth about 10g carbs or so.

All in all, I'm not expecting a miracle, but I've gotta do something, and the Keto looks like my best bet. I'm literally knocking on death's door with my weight.

:thanku:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many thanks to everybody's comments and words of encouragement. :bighug:

Being the carnivore that I am, I haven't found this "way of life" (I refuse to call it a 'diet') as lacking in most things I love. I do miss mac & cheese and ice cream and fries, but I can live without them. Like I said in my opening post, discovering the Mt. Dew Zero has helped tremendously. I've always been a big water drinker, about a gallon or so a day (+/-) sometimes more in the dawg days of summer.

When I left the hospital last Tuesday, I weighed 483 pounds. :faint: My goal is 375 pounds by the end of this year. According to an app I found, I should achieve that goal by March of 2022. That's with 30g carbs, 136g protein and 228g fat daily. I'm hoping I can improve on those numbers. As of right now the majority of my carbs come from an 8oz glass of 2% milk I have every day. I'm doing my level best to stay away from anything other than the trifecta of meat, cheese and eggs. I've resisted candy all week long or anything sweet for that matter. I did have a small handful of Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips today, worth about 10g carbs or so.

All in all, I'm not expecting a miracle, but I've gotta do something, and the Keto looks like my best bet. I'm literally knocking on death's door with my weight.

:thanku:

Do what you need to do and good luck. Highly recommend learning to stay away from processed foods and diet drinks as much as possible, there's more to it than just counting carbs.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down not knowing much about it or the pros and cons I'm not advocating it but have you considered gastric bypass or bariatric surgery ?

The girlfriend of a gal I used to work with was around 200+ pounds overweight and had the surgery and from what I was told she lost a lot of weight.......I haven't kept up with it but the last I heard (2015) the gal that had the surgery was trying to come up with the money (her insurance wasn't going to cover it) to have all of the stretched loose skin removed from her body after her weight loss.

Again I know nothing about the pros and cons of the surgery but to me will power, watching your diet and getting on some sort of exercise regime and losing the weight slowly would be my first option before even considering surgery.

Good Luck !!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Glock 'em down not knowing much about it or the pros and cons I'm not advocating it but have you considered gastric bypass or bariatric surgery ?

The girlfriend of a gal I used to work with was around 200+ pounds overweight and had the surgery and from what I was told she lost a lot of weight.......I haven't kept up with it but the last I heard (2015) the gal that had the surgery was trying to come up with the money (her insurance wasn't going to cover it) to have all of the stretched loose skin removed from her body after her weight loss.

Again I know nothing about the pros and cons of the surgery but to me will power, watching your diet and getting on some sort of exercise regime and losing the weight slowly would be my first option before even considering surgery.

Good Luck !!
I thought about that, but frankly, I enjoy food too much. Surgery would be a waste of time and money for me. My wife is one of twelve siblings. We celebrate holidays quite often, and, like most other families, good times and good food brings us together. I couldn't stand the idea of everybody enjoy a feast while I'm eating a harmful of saltine crackers.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any veggies you like? We eat a lot of asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, leafy greens, and avocados to keep things well rounded. Avocados are a great way to get your fat macros up in a healthy way. Ive also found a couple of great mashed cauliflower with cheese and bacon in it to cover the cauliflower taste. There are a ton of really fun recipes to keep things keto. For soups and stuff in the winter, we use diced turnips in place of potatoes.

This is one of my favorite places for new recipes.

I Breathe Im Hungry

Latest posts

Top Bottom