My saving grace...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are there any veggies you like? We eat a lot of asparagus, broccoli, bell peppers, mushrooms, leafy greens, and avocados to keep things well rounded. Avocados are a great way to get your fat macros up in a healthy way. Ive also found a couple of great mashed cauliflower with cheese and bacon in it to cover the cauliflower taste. There are a ton of really fun recipes to keep things keto. For soups and stuff in the winter, we use diced turnips in place of potatoes.

This is one of my favorite places for new recipes.

I Breathe Im Hungry
Yeah, I like most all veggies (cauliflower, turnips, kale, cucumbers :puke:) so I am including them in my diet. I do miss corn, taters and peas & carrots however. I stick to mostly green beans, broccoli, asparagus and brussel sprouts.

One of my favorite things to do when I grill ribeyes, is to cook up some onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in some EVOO and Lea & Perrins as a side.

200w.gif

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I like most all veggies (cauliflower, turnips, kale, cucumbers :puke:) so I am including them in my diet. I do miss corn, taters and peas & carrots however. I stick to mostly green beans, broccoli, asparagus and brussel sprouts.

One of my favorite things to do when I grill ribeyes, is to cook up some onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in some EVOO and Lea & Perrins as a side.

View attachment 213889
Then you will have a much easier time than my brother would. He said he wanted to try it, but he does not enjoy a lot of the veggies keto allows.

We have been slacking on sticking to it the past several months, but I am on my second day of jumping back in. The best part for me is that my joints feel like I am 15 years younger once I get into ketosis. After a few months of strict adherence, we have found that intermittent fasting gets MUCH easier and we can have a "cheat" meal every once in a while without falling out of ketosis. The cheat part just means we will have a baked potato or some carrots, fruit, or other produce that is typically on the forbidden list.

bpsooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Low fat and low carb seems pretty brutal. Is that not basically vegan?
The low carb keto is high fat, just about any type of meat for protein. Really many veggies are not allowed. Too many carbs in many of the vegs. No fruit is allowed. It is really a good diet if you like meat, eggs, cheese, avacadoes.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The low carb keto is high fat, just about any type of meat for protein. Really many veggies are not allowed. Too many carbs in many of the vegs. No fruit is allowed. It is really a good diet if you like meat, eggs, cheese, avacadoes.

Maybe I misread, but I thought they said low fat and carbs is what they were doing. That would be rougher than keto. Not much left if you cut fat and carbs.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I finally got around to buying a set of scales capable of weighing my fat ass. When I left the hospital, exactly 2 weeks ago today (July 6th) I weighed in at a whopping 483 pounds! :faint:

I climbed on the scales today, and I weigh...

465 POUNDS!!! :woohoo1:

Now I know that's not a huge amount, but I think 18 pounds is a good start, especially since I haven't exercised any and I've actually cheated a little bit.

But yeah, ya'll keep me in your prayers. With the good Lord and my wife, Jimminy Cricket, maybe I can reach my goal by my 54th birthday next April.

:thanku:

Latest posts

Top Bottom