My second AR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why the Colt hate?
Besides Colt selling the 2nd Amendment? Colts strangle hold they have on the TDP of the AR15, which they intend to keep as long as the military uses the AR15. Its how they are staying (barely) afloat as a company. They deserve to die as a company from their business practice as a gun company. Im sure they hate the fact that have to sell carbines to the public to stay alive.

Remember when they stopped making 1911s because they were evil guns?

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides Colt selling the 2nd Amendment? Colts strangle hold they have on the TDP of the AR15, which they intend to keep as long as the military uses the AR15. Its how they are staying (barely) afloat as a company. They deserve to die as a company from their business practice as a gun company. Im sure they hate the fact that have to sell carbines to the public to stay alive.

I do. However I also remember S&W selling out and now we get that wonderful hole in the side of their guns. I also remember Springfield and RRA selling out the Second for profit but people still like them. I like all my Colts and they all run fine. Not trying to argue but what did Colt do to sell the Second amendment. I honestly do not know.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do. However I also remember S&W selling out and now we get that wonderful hole in the side of their guns. I also remember Springfield and RRA selling out the Second for profit but people still like them. I like all my Colts and they all run fine. Not trying to argue but what did Colt do to sell the Second amendment. I honestly do not know.
Colt absolutely hates the fact that they have to sell Carbines AR15s to the public to stay in business.

Not sure what you're referencing with S&W, but Im not a fan of Springfield, RRA or even Ruger. I will Give Ruger a pass since their Anti 2A stance died with Bill.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

IIRC, FN has the TDP now too?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colt absolutely hates the fact that they have to sell Carbines AR15s to the public to stay in business.

Not sure what you're referencing with S&W, but Im not a fan of Springfield, RRA or even Ruger. I will Give Ruger a pass since their Anti 2A stance died with Bill.

Colt not wanting to sell to us is one of the reasons I pick up this "restricted "one. Nothing about having one with this marking makes it any better than the other ones. Just my way of saying yeah I can have one of those even if you don't want me to. But I do really like Colt weapons even though like you say there's better AR platform rifles to be had. The Colt AR15A4MP-FDE I bought first is pretty dang impressive to a novice like myself. So I'm anxious to give this one a go. My 1911s are great shooters so I'm hoping these hold up as well as them.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Colt not wanting to sell to us is one of the reasons I pick up this "restricted "one. Nothing about having one with this marking makes it any better than the other ones. Just my way of saying yeah I can have one of those even if you don't want me to. But I do really like Colt weapons even though like you say there's better AR platform rifles to be had. The Colt AR15A4MP-FDE I bought first is pretty dang impressive to a novice like myself. So I'm anxious to give this one a go. My 1911s are great shooters so I'm hoping these hold up as well as them.
When I say there are better ARs out there, what I mean is that they have bell & whistles mostly. With the exception of not having a cold hammer forged barrel, you cant really get any better than a Colt. There are a few equivalents though that have the QC to back that up.

Windham Weaponry, Del-Ton LE grade carbines, FNs Non CHF barrel version that is sold to Civies, etc

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I say there are better ARs out there, what I mean is that they have bell & whistles mostly. With the exception of not having a cold hammer forged barrel, you cant really get any better than a Colt. There are a few equivalents though that have the QC to back that up.

Windham Weaponry, Del-Ton LE grade carbines, FNs Non CHF barrel version that is sold to Civies, etc
Oh okay, I see what you mean now. I'm enjoying your input and our conversation because I'm really interested in learning this platform. One more question what does TDP stand for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom