My turn at a SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible to do a multi-caliber SBR? I would like to start off with a 10.5" .223 and also get a short .300BLK and a .22LR conversion and a 9mm conversion? If I get the multi-cal lower, will they allow me to change the uppers whenever I want?

Is it too much to ask that I want all my uppers to be short and quiet?

You will have to decare a single caliber on your Form 1. What's marked on the lower will not matter. The registered SBR receiver will need to be maintained in a configuration that is readily returnable to the caliber and barrel length listed on the Form 1, but you can put whatever upper on it you want for use.

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB has it.

Regardless of what you WANT figure out something that you can always find a use for for example a 10.5" or 11.5" gun in 5.56. Get your Form 1 in NOW and then think/plan/dream to your heart's content for 6 months. Once you have the stamp in hand you can do anything you want so long as you can return the firearm to the configuration listed on the approved form.

Last year I had the papers on one of mine completed and ready to send, they sat on my table for 6 months. The processing time on the stamp took three months once I finally got around to sending it in.

Just this week I sent in another, the paper's had been complete and sitting here for almost three months. I fully expect it to be 6 months before I get it back from BATF.

Ek

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am settled on getting the 300BLK for the primary use. I'll list 9mm and .556 as the other calibers.
So, what is the best length for the 300BLK? Loki and AAC has an 8" but I originally thought about a 10.5". As for the 9mm and 556 I'm still considering those lengths too for paperwork sake.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You only list one caliber and barrel length. Putting more than one on there will get it kicked back for you to make corrections on which will further delay the process.
You can put any upper you want on there as long as it can be put back in the configuration listed on the forms. You don't have to specify any upper except for the one you're applying for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom