My Tweets are blocked on Twitter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand Facebook, and kinda get the appeal of Instagram, but I just cannot understand why anyone would want to post a small statement, and/or read someone else's small statement.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you misunderstood me, I want a SCOTUS decision saying these public social media companies can't censor free speech. When they sensor they control the politics of this country, this effects our freedoms.

So people should be able to drop by your house and plaster campaign signs for candidates and issues you disagree with all over your front lawn?

These aren't "public" social media companies. They are private companies.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. No, it doesn't. You still have the freedom to go start your own platform. (With hookers and blackjack, if you so desire.) The government won't be allowed to tell you what you can and cannot say or suppress on your platform, either. You don't have the freedom to use somebody else's platform to compel somebody else to carry your speech, even if that somebody else is a public company (which, I would note, is no different from a private company save for the fact that the ownership is traded on a public market instead of privately amongst a few people; there is a distinction for a closely-held company, but even that is relatively minor).

Corporations, for the purpose of the First Amendment, have the same rights as natural persons; that was the central holding of the Citizens United decision. Do you think the Court should have said "no, you're a corporation, you can't take sides" and let the FEC suppress Hillary: the Movie?

(Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. 310 (2010).)

When the leftist media, search engines and social media companies, universities/K-12 control the information the general public sees they effectively control politics. This is a problem for limited government proponents and especially for gun rights advocates.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So people should be able to drop by your house and plaster campaign signs for candidates and issues you disagree with all over your front lawn?

These aren't "public" social media companies. They are private companies.

When the leftist media, search engines and social media companies, universities/K-12 control the information the general public sees they effectively control politics. This is a problem for limited government proponents and especially for gun rights advocates.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The answer then - if that's your perception - is that the right wing needs to go start their own. And to that point, they have. From Fox News to The Blaze to Red State to The Daily Wire... even Breitbart and InfoWars and the like.

But guess what? The people who read those echo chambers ignore MSNBC, CNN, NPR, Mother Jones, Huff Po... and vise versa for the conservative media. When people are expose to news outside their own echo chambers, they cry foul and believe it's a conspiracy.

Maybe it is, but let's be real. It goes both ways.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The answer then - if that's your perception - is that the right wing needs to go start their own. And to that point, they have. From Fox News to The Blaze to Red State to The Daily Wire... even Breitbart and InfoWars and the like.

But guess what? The people who read those echo chambers ignore MSNBC, CNN, NPR, Mother Jones, Huff Po... and vise versa for the conservative media. When people are expose to news outside their own echo chambers, they cry foul and believe it's a conspiracy.

Bingo. We all have choices, and lots of options; if anything, our options are better now than at any time in history, given that internet publication has essentially zero barrier to entry.

Remember, it was a blogger who brought down Dan Rather.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

There shouldn't be any doubt that conservatives are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting their message out due to media demonization and marginalization. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ts-abdicating-responsibility-says-salesforce/

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bingo. We all have choices, and lots of options; if anything, our options are better now than at any time in history, given that internet publication has essentially zero barrier to entry.

Remember, it was a blogger who brought down Dan Rather.

The Blaze has laid off major amounts of people. When was the last time they showed up in news search. I'm a subscriber btw

Just go to google news and look at what is presented vs what is left out. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...ts-abdicating-responsibility-says-salesforce/

Latest posts

Top Bottom