My wife had hip Joint replacement yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had a hip joint replacement surgery yesterday and she came home from the hospital today.

The hip joint surgery went well and she is already in less pain than prior to the surgery. She had been suffering for a couple years and getting progressively worse the past few months.

My wife had the surgery performed at Oklahoma Center For Orthopaedic & Multi-Specialty Surgery, LLC. (OCOM). The hospital is located on South Walker in OKC. (Just south of I-240)

She and I were both impressed with the staff and her doctor. All the staff was attentive, friendly and professional. The doctor who performed the surgery only performs hip and knee surgeries. He developed the procedure she had done, which is performed via an anterior (front) incision vs. a posterior (rear) incision, which is less invasive and lends to a faster recovery. The doctor’s name is Bradley Reddick, D.O. My wife was referred to this doctor by a person who had a double hip joint replacement. She is very pleased and grateful for being referred to him.

The hospital only does orthopedic type procedures, so they are not dealing with sick patients, which I think lends to a less stressful environment and a lesser chance of contracting some type of infection.

So, if anyone is needing a hip joint replacement or other orthopedic procedure, my wife and I would not hesitate in recommending the doctor and the facility.

We are blessed and thankful this Thanksgiving. Hope everyone has a pleasant Thanksgiving and counts their blessings. God bless Oklahoma and the USA.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Best wishes for a fast recovery.
Had my right hip replaced in the Spring of 2018. Only regret is that I didn't get it done sooner.
Physical therapy is crucial to a full and speedy recovery.
Any questions feel free to ask. I may not know the answer but I might be able to point you in the right direction.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news! I'm glad to hear it went so well and she already feels the improvement. I'm familiar with the facility. I used to go there for steroid injections and ablations on my lower back. It does seem like a good place. Tell her to stick with the therapy and she will be amazed at how well she does!

Latest posts

Top Bottom