My wife had hip Joint replacement yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad she has done so well, is she back to cooking. yet? A guy's gotta eat ya know. (just joking). My Doc told me that if I have general surgery that I could die but if I have to have knee replacement I'll pray and leave the rest up to the Lord.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm 75 and have had two knee, and one hip replacement surgeries. All three went well with no complications. Great surgeon, and Hospital, Tulsa Surgery Hospital, the old ORU tower. They don't treat sick people, only sceduled surgeries, less chance of catching something! They actually have good food, and believe it or not, GOOD Biscuits and gravy! Went in early had the surgury, was awake by noon, up on my feet by 2:00 pm, walked the halls with a walker the next day, walked out after breakfast the third day! Didn't want to miss the buscuits and gravy! This is great I would have been out of luck a few years ago, and likely in a wheel chair, except for these surgeries!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 75 and have had two knee, and one hip replacement surgeries. All three went well with no complications. Great surgeon, and Hospital, Tulsa Surgery Hospital, the old ORU tower. They don't treat sick people, only sceduled surgeries, less chance of catching something! They actually have good food, and believe it or not, GOOD Biscuits and gravy! Went in early had the surgury, was awake by noon, up on my feet by 2:00 pm, walked the halls with a walker the next day, walked out after breakfast the third day! Didn't want to miss the buscuits and gravy! This is great I would have been out of luck a few years ago, and likely in a wheel chair, except for these surgeries!
Glad you are doing well. Hip & knee joint replacement technologies has come a long ways. The place we choose also did not treat sick individuals that increase the risk of infections, including MRSA. Wife had a home health visit today and the health care worker thought she was advancing very well.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad she has done so well, is she back to cooking. yet? A guy's gotta eat ya know. (just joking). My Doc told me that if I have general surgery that I could die but if I have to have knee replacement I'll pray and leave the rest up to the Lord.
Looks like I'll be doing all the cooking for the next few weeks. I do most of the cooking anyway. The wife still works and I'm retired and just farting around anyhow. :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad things are working for folks here. My sister-in-law lived in Tulsa when she had her hip replaced. Quack surgeon (can't remember his name) did the surgery, but somehow managed to make that leg about an inch longer or shorter than the other. She had to order special shoes that were elevated on the one side for years.

Moved to Colorado Springs and somehow met up with a doctor there that made everything right for her. NOW she is doing quite well, but dealt with the odd leg for many years before they fixed it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom