Mystery challenge! Post if you figure it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost did the same thing with an 18650 battery and spare mag in my cargo pocket. I felt the heat and emptied my pocket into the floor board before it went off. Kahr 9mm mag had 2 rounds come out of the mag and were loose in my pocket. Glad it didn’t get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing the sweating water bottle soaked the nylon of the backpack and completed the circuit causing the batter to discharge rapidly, which ignited the round.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never carry change and a 9V in the same pocket either.
It can also happen with a 9v battery in a very low humidity situation. I was on a video job once, shooting video for a commercial for a carpet place. I had to swap out batteries in a wireless mic and absentmindedly stuck the battery in my breast pocket. It only took a minute or two before it got VERY hot! I don't remember how I took care of it--I either fished it out of my pocket quickly (the terminals were pointed down, IIRC) or stripped the shirt off quickly before removing the battery. Either way, I never did THAT again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom